Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi mamas,

I've been feeling baby move since about 18.5 weeks, but in the past week or so he/she has been kicking harder, and I kept thinking that if I could just SEE my stomach right when it kicks, then I can probably see it move. I tried several times, but of course the baby would get all quiet when I started watching. :p

But this afternoon in the middle of chores, I layed down on the bed and was patient and watched my belly. And I saw several good kicks.
It was so cool. It looked like the bottom side of a trampoline that someone is jumping on, but just one jump at a time.
I called DH into the room and he was able to see it several times too. Then he said or did something (I can't even remember what now) that I got so tickled at... and when I was laughing so hard, my belly button (which at this point is starting to poke out at the top but still an "innie" at the bottom) would poke ALL the way out! DH of course noticed this and thought it was the cutest thing, but I got embarrassed which made me laugh even MORE and the cycle continued. :p

Anyway just wanted to share that with everyone.

Other mini-updates... I am going to sew our nursery bedding, we're not finding out the gender, I'm organizing the second bedroom to make room for nursery things (it is a HUGE project), I'm still sewing a few maternity clothes, and BTW I love being pregnant.

Andrea
edd 12-9-06

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I felt the first readily identifiable baby movement in the form of a kick or punch at 17w6d. Over the past two weeks, his kicks and punches have gotten stronger and stronger and now, at 20 weeks, I can watch my belly move. It's just the coolest feeling. Last night he was kicking and punching all over the place. It looked like someone was popping popcorn in there.

Pregnancy is awesome!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.