Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, let me just be the first to say...YAY!!! Thanks MDC for including this much needed forum!

To the other NICU/preemie moms,
What topics do you think we should start? I was think a preemie/NICU birth stories thread might be appreciated? A current NICU parents thread would be great too. Maybe AP'ing in the NICU? Now that your preemie/NICU babe is home?

·
Registered
121 Posts
How about boding with your preemie baby, either while IN the hospital, or when you take her home?

I love my baby to pieces...however, I still don't feel like I am bonded with her yet. We're not breast-feeding (I am a pump failure
) and I think that too combined with an extensive NICU stay, is taking a toll out on our relationship.

So....does anyone have any ideas on that one?

And how about this too...my baby seems to be ahead of her (adjusted) age. But I can't say that for sure because she's the first baby I've ever been around. She is a little over two months old now, and should have been 37 weeks if not born prematurily. But this little gal can turn over already, and hold her head up on her own. (If it matters she weighed 2lbs 2 ounces at birth, and Monday she weighed in at 4lbs 10 ounces.) My mom thinks she is ahead, but I am just curious since I have no idea

Thanks!
And THANK YOU mods for adding this sub-forum for us! We can't thank you enough!

·
Premium Member
8,322 Posts
YAYYYYYYYY Its here , let me make it a favorite!!! Do wee have a mod? I would be happy to help!

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Sweet, a preemie forum! I have a thread/sticky suggestion, how 'bout a parent tip guide? Things you wish you had known while you were there. I could write a book!

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amys1st
YAYYYYYYYY Its here , let me make it a favorite!!! Do wee have a mod? I would be happy to help!
Me too, me too!

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I'm so happy this forum finally exists! My almost 33 weekers are now almost 3 years old, so this forum isn't all that relevant to me anymore, but I'm so happy it finally happened.

One of the biggest obstacles I faced in the NICU was nursing. Some of the nurses weren't very supportive and it was really difficult to establish a nursing relationship there. That may be a good topic to explore?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Finally! I'm so happy to see this!

M.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I would have a roll call that we can update as we hit milestones or some sort of check-in so that we can see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Also, a birth story/intro thread would be good.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I just wanna say... YIPEE!!!!!!! Thanks mods for the new forum!
I'm bookmarking this for sure!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
MDC is so lucky. Thanks, mods.

BTW, my dd was not in NICU, she was discharged and then readmitted back to PICU at 8 days of age. I'll lurk, because I'm sure some of the issues, neonatal surgery, etc., are similar.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.