Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read with newborns you should only do positions with babies legs together..... until when?

FYI my baby is 8 weeks old, 14 lbs and 65 cm long. She seems too large for many of the newborn positions and fights them. She has fairly good head control.

I have 6 different wraps (thank goodness for hand me downs). I like the look of front kangaroo type holds with the baby facing me with legs apart in my sleepy wrap (long stretchy).

Thanks!

· Registered
1,284 Posts
there really isn't a 'right' age or weight or height for carrying a lo with legs out/separate or un-froggied. You'll hear lots of moms give different ages - from what I have read it seems common anywhere from 4-6 months, sometimes later, sometimes earlier. Like anything I would follow your babe's cues - you can give it a try for a few minutes and see how you both feel. You can also do one leg in (froggied) and one leg out (in a front wrap cross carry or pocket carry). IMHO a wrap will not spread the babes legs as wide as a SSC or MT will so you'll probably be more comfortable earlier. As with any carry or positioning for the first time - watch your lo and see how they seem to be feeling. I think we tried legs out for a few minutes a day for a few weeks before we switched over full time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.