Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little dd who is now 27 months has been so shy and quiet and afraid of people she didn't know her whole life. I never pushed her to play with the other kids. I never made her do anything she didn't want to (in regards to socializing or playing). I took her away from stressful situations and hugged and cuddled her. People told me I needed to put her in daycare, I needed to force her to play and socialize, etc. They said if I didn't make her be social, she would be stunted her whole life. But I just let my little flower open at her own pace without regard to those people. I trusted that my little dd just needed some space and time.

Today at the park, SHE initiated play with another little boy
:

She was talking and running and playing with the other kids

She even let one of the kids grandmother pick her up to put her on the playground equipment

Now my little flower is beginning to bloom
:

I just wanted to share my happiness in the hopes of maybe giving another worried mama some peace of mind, knowing that your shy, clinging, scaredy-cat child might one day play and have fun without you holding her hand

·
Registered
441 Posts
awww, that's very sweet. you must've been so proud. some people really don't understand attachment parenting at all. daycare has a place, but it's not the fix-all. i completely agree with not pushing & letting things happen as it's time!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.