Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
After a tense week of late period and negative pee tests, I finally have 3 positives! Estimated due date August 6th. This'll be my second. Yesterday I had 2 really faint positives, and that was kind of nerve-wracking, but today I got another faint positive, but it was positive really quickly, so hoping HCG levels are rising! Also feeling a little headache-y. Hoping for more symptoms to confirm things are progressing. We tried to get pregnant for about a year, then I finally left the job I hated and started my own business and invested lots of money and time into it, and we decided to hold off on expanding our family, and BOOM. God must be a man, for sure!

·
Registered
2 Posts
View attachment 51387

Our August 2019 Due Date Club is now open.

Does anyone have an August due date yet?
Hi all! First-time pregnancy here. We have a rough due date of August 29th. I have my first ultrasound on Tuesday and I will be about 8.5 weeks then. My husband and I had been trying for 3 years to get pregnant and right before we were about to go through IVF, I got pregnant! We are hoping for a happy healthy baby! I live away from all my family so I will probably be including a doula in pregnancy plan but am waiting until after my initial appointment to reach out. My husband works really long hours as well so I think it will be a must to keep my sanity!

I hope everyone is having a good healthy day today!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi all! First-time pregnancy here. We have a rough due date of August 29th. I have my first ultrasound on Tuesday and I will be about 8.5 weeks then. My husband and I had been trying for 3 years to get pregnant and right before we were about to go through IVF, I got pregnant! We are hoping for a happy healthy baby! I live away from all my family so I will probably be including a doula in pregnancy plan but am waiting until after my initial appointment to reach out. My husband works really long hours as well so I think it will be a must to keep my sanity!

I hope everyone is having a good healthy day today!!
How exciting, congrats to you guys! I strongly encourage everyone I know to have a doula! Ours didn't make it to our birth :eek: and I so wish she had! Now I'm super torn on having one this time around because we've been through it once without and now that we live in Brooklyn (where we're from), my best friend is most likely going to be present for the birth, etc. Who knows, I have time to make those decisions though :)

Hope the ultrasound appointment goes great!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yep! Due around August 13. This would be my third. I was pregnant around this time last year and lost the baby at 12 weeks, so I'm very nervous this time around.
That is so so hard, I'm sorry :( Sending hugs.

I have a couple close friends who've recently had the same experience, and it made me feel very nervous this time around as well. Wasn't really on my radar with my first, much more common than I realized. Wishing you all the best this pregnancy!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey mommies!!!

So quick update from me.. I am in my 9th week currently and on Tuesday night i saw red blood in my tissue when i wiped.. it was a very thin line so i thought of keeping a watch on it for the next day. Wednesday morning I woke up with pain and discomfort on my lower left side with increased brown dicharge (not red like last night). I decided to call the doctor and let them know whats happening. Since my first pregnancy was high risk i dint want to take any chances. On listening to all that i had to tell her the nurse asked me to come in for an ultrasound and meet with the nurse practitioner since it was too tight to fit in a meeting with the doctor and that my first official pre-natal is on 1/22 already. The ultrasound technician didnt see any reason for the blood - and this was a vaginal ultrasound - and also showed me my little peanut rolling inside and heart beating stong!!!! I thought i would be used to baby heart beats by now but not apparently.. i cried again!!!! When i came back home i had big wipes of red blood that i cleaned about 3-4 times but that i am thinking was due to the ultrasound. I continued to feel weird and some pain and discomfort on my left side throughout yesterday but when i woke up this morning it was like nothing ever happened!! I still have some brown rusty discharge but the NP assured me she saw no signs to worry with the baby or where the blood was coming from.
Another interesting fact - that i realized last night as the day was ending - 16th used to be the date of my AF ... so maybe i am going to one of those ladies who gets her periods during her 9-months of pregnancy even if its for 1 day.
I had to share this with you all since this was the most strange experience so far with my second pregnancy. I am hoping calmer weathers will prevail as i enter my 2nd trimester!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Congrats to all! Nice sharing a due date with you, TourmalineMama. :)

From upstate New York here. Will be having another home birth (last two were born at home, in the water).

How’s everyone feeling? I’m feeling surprisingly well. Exhausted, but no nausea or food aversions yet (knock on wood).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Due date is...

Between August 15th and August 19th. Though I'm hoping for the 19th.
If she is born around that time it will make her a Fire sign, a Leo.
My husband and I are both fire signs (An Aries and a Sag). So it would be fun to have a house consisting of just the 3 zodiac fire signs.
:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.