Mothering Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
I have to tell you girls the weirdest story. My husband says that as he was driving past the hospital with my 3.5 year old son this evening, my son says, "I want to go in that house." And my husband says, "That's where you were born." And my son says, "No, that's where my baby sister is going to be. And her name is like my name. J-L-N-I-A."

What makes this story so weird is that we never told him I was pregnant, we never told him any names we were thinking of, and I have no idea what the sex is. But I was thinking of Julia for a girl's name. So I guess we'll find out if my son is psychic in October.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have to tell you girls the weirdest story. My husband says that as he was driving past the hospital with my 3.5 year old son this evening, my son says, "I want to go in that house." And my husband says, "That's where you were born." And my son says, "No, that's where my baby sister is going to be. And her name is like my name. J-L-N-I-A."

What makes this story so weird is that we never told him I was pregnant, we never told him any names we were thinking of, and I have no idea what the sex is. But I was thinking of Julia for a girl's name. So I guess we'll find out if my son is psychic in October.

That's creepy ! Interested to see the outcome.

·
Registered
188 Posts

Crazy story Valerie! My MIL told us a similar story from my husband's 7 year old nephew. We arrived at a family birthday party about a month ago and my MIL told us that when she was watching the kids recently and talking about how she has 5 grandkids, the nephew said she has 5.5 grandkids. MIL asked what do you mean, and the nephew said that my husband and I are going to have a baby. She asked him if he knows something, and he said, "no, but they have to." And then he supposedly said he wished for his upcoming birthday for us to have a baby.

Although a cute story, we had not shared our pregnancy news with family yet and I was bleeding that weekend and unsure about what was going to happen, so we were not going to share anything at that point. It was really awkward for me to just stand there and not say anything, since my MIL has been pushy for years about us having kids and didn't know about my previous miscarriage. I was kind of annoyed she told us the story and thought she was somewhat making it up or prodding him to say stuff as an indirect way to be pushy about kids again. When we did finally tell her the news, she told us the nephew's story again, so maybe it's all true. :)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I love these kinds of stories! I'm SO not a believer in the supernatural, I'm not even religious, but I absolutely do think that kids are more in touch with deep animal instincts that allow them to know "unknowable" things.

The day after we got our positive test, DH and DS (3.5) were playing together, and out of nowhere DS says, "we're going to have a baby here soon." It startled us but we wrote it off as him referring to my ultra pregnant friend whom we see often.

But then a few days later he wanted me to crawl through a tiny space and I said I was too big, and he said, "because there's a baby in your belly you can't fit?" We never mentioned anything to him at all. And a few days after that he said again, "mom you have a baby in here right?" At that point I just told him yes, since he clearly already knew. Crazy.

Right now he keeps telling us it's a sister, although I'm not sure he knows the difference between brothers and sisters.

I have another friend whose pregnancy was outed by the two year old she babysat for, and a teacher friend whose student confidently and accurately predicted the baby's birth date (the day she went on leave, two weeks before due date).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
316 Posts
Those are cool stories. My 5yo is insisting that he is getting a baby sister. I guess that we will find out in February.
When I was 13, we had some family friends that were pregnant. I said something to my mom about it being a girl. She told me that the ultrasound said it was a boy. I kept insisting that it was a girl. I ended up being right and it was a girl.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Children really are intuitive little people! I wonder, for parents of the keen little ones, if they will maintain that level of intuition, or if it changes with time.... When I was 12, I could just *tell* my step-mom was pregnant. She wasn't showing or anything... And I had no real insight, just knowledge, like a cold, hard fact. Overall, I'm not super-intuitive...

Thank you for the well-wishes for the party. It went well-- my house is still in recovery mode. I never imagined that I'd wake up to find crayon on the walls, broken hula hoops, broken drums, and all kinds of toys hidden in the backyard. I guess that's to be expected when 2/3 of the party guests are under 10.....

·
Registered
988 Posts
So super sick this morning.. something was bothering my stomach. Feeling a little bit better now but pretty worn out.

Went for my scan and I am so in love... baby was doing a ton of goofy things. Immediately when the ultrasound came up it's legs were on top of it's head in a crazy yoga pose. Got to see a lot of kicking, punching, thumb sucking, and hiccups! It was pretty amazing and I'm glad we did it.

Oh and we found out the gender.. seems pretty obvious at least :)

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
A GIRL!!!! Yeay!!! @alivewithyou, I will update the roster with this update. How exciting! :D

Thank you for sharing your pictures!

·
Registered
363 Posts
On Friday, I was given a car seat, breast pump, and a huge bag of baby clothes. My 5yo went through the baby clothes with me. It made it more real and fun for me. He has decided that if this baby is a boy, we should name it Rockstar Man.

I like that name :)

·
Registered
885 Posts

Sorry to open the August Chat, but this is where I said this and the story gets weirder.

On the way home yesterday, with no prompting (because a 3.5 year old doesn't need prompting to talk the whole ride home), our son starts talking about his baby sister again. He says that she talks to him, in his room, and she's invisible. So, it seems less likely that he is accurately predicting the gender and more likely that he's either witness to a ghost or just has a really great imagination.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts