Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are so many of us here and I want to meet everyone! Who's interested in having a meet up sometime soon? With a newborn I'm not able to do anything outside in the heat but am willing to drive anywhere in the city. Any ideas?

· Registered
997 Posts
oops me me i'm here!
suz, you know you can come on over whenever you want.....i'll learn ya the prefold folds

· Registered
1,208 Posts
ok= i am in south austin- where are you two at? if you are south, how bout garrison park- if you are north how about central market on north lamar? garrison is super shady, and i believe so is central market, but i havnt been there in forever..

mamasuz- when is your baby's bday? lucca's is the 21st--- wait is that on my sig line? oh well if it is--mommy brain!
and whats up with the cloth Pf mention? inside joke? i use cloth too BTW

· Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Liz you've got to check out the Central Texas Diaper Party thread on the diapering board. I'm north, in Cedar Park. CM sounds good as long as it is fairly early b/c I don't want to bring the baby out in the heat. She was born on the 17th

· Registered
687 Posts
Hi All!

I've been crashing the Texas threads - I'm all alone in College Station so I entertain myself by pestering the Austin/SA moms!

So just stopping in to say 'howdy'.

There's a diaper party? I'm going to diapering to check it out!

· Registered
1,842 Posts
Forgot to check this board. With all the rain it has been driving me crazy!! I am taking dd to RadiJazz tomorrow (wed) or I will lose my mind. Probably be there at 9 am or shortly after. Will be going to Connections afterward.

If you haven't been to radijazz yet, here is the website --www.radijazz.com

· Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Soooooo are we ever going to set a date??? :LOL If we are going outside I'd have to do it pretty early with the new babe and the heat but other than that we are flexible. What works best for everyone?

· Registered
3,663 Posts
I'm totally new to the Austin tribe thing. Suzy showed me this when I was on the diapering board. I think it is a great idea for this tribe to meet, either just this tribe or meeting some of the mamas in the Austin Attached moms, or both!

Most of you probably already know that there is a very active AP community here in Austin. Basically, there are the national organization groups (API and LLL) and then there is a large informal network of mothers who meet at playgroups, potlucks, parenting book clubs, etc. The public meetings are all posted on the calendar on the yahoo group which can be joined at the following website. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AustinAttachedMoms/ Once you join, you can ask the moderator about the local spinoff groups in your part of town.

You can check the calendar, the files, the database, etc.! There is tons of information there, including stuff about local health practicioners, etc. The group is very active. But it really is supposed to be a face to face group with a yahoo component, if that makes any sense.

My idea is that perhaps the Austinites on the Mothering boards could meet some of the mamas on the AAM list at one of the regular AAM functions. There are lots to choose from: there is a hot weather playgroup that meets at Radijazz, Family Connections, and other cool places in the summer, and there are trips to the zoo and berry picking, etc. There are playgroups that meet at Central Market on North Lamar and various parks in different parts of town.

We have a lot of fun and there is a tremendous amount of support. We have food trees for mommas when they have new babies or when they have a family crisis. I could go on and on, praising the group's members, but I will stop here.

I hope I get to meet y'all soon!

· Registered
31 Posts
I would love to meet up! I am in S.Austin. I have already met Liz and her beautiful clan of cuteness. I am low on funds but would love to do something cheap(or free). I have a 13 1/2 month old little girl...

jordan

· Registered
1,208 Posts
family connections is a place in n austin where you as a parent or teacher can check out toys and books and tapes and lots of other cool stuff for FREE! they also have free classes and storytime.

i do want to hang out..i am just so LAZY in this heat..im staying indoors mostly...
anyone want tp plan a playdate at Radijazz. i have been wanting to check it out.

· Registered
1,208 Posts
family connections is on 53 1/2 right off airport.

· Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've been lazy too with the heat. We should've done something today in the wonderfully cool weather we have. I'm up for a Radijazz playdate if they have stuff for toddlers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts