Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Hey there, we are looking at 2 autism centers and I was wondering if anyone has any experiance with either of these.  We're looking at the Marcus AUtism Center, and Emory Autism Center.  we are at the beginning of this process with our 2 year old and I have no idea what I should be looking for.  thanks</p>

·
Registered
1 Posts
<p>We're starting this as well for our 2yo, and went private (local) for our DD who has Asperger's.  I've heard great things about both centers, but found you will need a referral from your pediatrician or your school district.  We didn't have either for our DD and we were on waitlists for both centers (our school district at that time refused to offer a preliminary diagnosis).  If you're going through a program like Babies Can't Wait or PALS, you shouldn't have any difficulties getting a referral through your school district or pediatrician. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've heard more positives with the Marcus Institute, but suspect that may be due to proximity (we live in NW GA, about 45 minutes west of Atlanta) and Marcus Institute is closer.</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts