Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to get more involved w/ our local Autism Society Chapter. I'm already getting helpful info and resources! It's good. They'll be better able to help w/ the whole school issue.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justthatgirl View Post
So I decided to get more involved w/ our local Autism Society Chapter. I'm already getting helpful info and resources! It's good. They'll be better able to help w/ the whole school issue.
We tried to get involved here, but they meet on the last tuesday night of the month and going anywhere on a weeknight is pretty much out of the question with DSS's routine or unless it's been planned for months in advance. Maybe when we get to the New Orleans area we'll be able work something out then since my inlaws are night owls. Even Baton Rouge isn't too far of a drive since DH will be working there, so I guess we'll figure it out when we move.

I'm glad you're able to get the info and resources you needed! It's a wonderful thing when doors you didn't know existed suddenly open. I did find the advise regarding the schools valuable even if it was just a phone conversation. Shoot, it helped just to talk to someone else IRL who was dealing with the same issues and know that I'm not crazy or pushing for the wrong things for the wrong reasons.

Anna

·
Registered
10,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes! Exactly! I haven't met anyone IRL yet, but just the responses so far from the yahoo group have been enormously helpful!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Quote:

What's biomed?
Biomed is just biomedical treatments to address autism, usually from a cure standpoint. Chelation, HBOT, etc I did a quick google search and found this link with a more detailed explanation.

http://northwestindianaautism.com/biomed.php

I joined a local mailing list and a good 95% of the conversation is about chelation and MB12 injections. The president of our local chapter works at one of the state's universities and just happens to be the person running all of the biomed studies at the school so the chapter has taken on a strong biomedical standpoint. When I met a few people I was offered a sheet on biomedical interventions and when I politely declined the people there instantly stopped talking to me.

·
Registered
10,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ohhh, ok! I've heard of some of those treatments.

I'm not looking to CURE him or change him in any way. Not right now. I have so much on my plate it's not even funny. I need to connect w/ parents in similar circumstances, not ppl who wanna fix my kid. You know?

that would be very disheartening to me to go through what you experienced.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Quote:

Thats great mama!! Good for you for going out and connecting with other families irl. I've been trying to makes connections here locally and am hoping meeting will start up again now that summer is over. Heck I'd settle for another online board to haunt

So what kind of info, and resources have they turned up for ya? Im thinking it must be great to connect with people in the know for your local area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.