Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,<br>
Circumstances have changed in our child care arrangements as as my return to work looms, we are forced to look for daycare for DS, now almost 9 months. We have had no luck using the lists provided by the Westcoast childcare referral agency and was wondering if any of you mamas know of anyone in East Vancouver that has space available we could contact?<br><br>
The timing could range anywhere from 2-4 months depending on what comes up at work and how long DH can stay at home for the remaining parental leave.<br><br>
thanks!<br>
Susan

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
hello and welcome to mdc...is this Susan from the babywearing group?<br><br>
Dawn

·
Registered
674 Posts
finding infant & toddler centre spaces is extremely difficult, and will only be more so when April hits & provincial cuts are made to various parts of child care & subsidies. (Many many centres of various care & ages are expected to close at this time, all around the province.)<br>
All I can say is Good Luck! Hoep you find something/someone that fits your needs & your family!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Susan, it is really hard to find spaces, but just keep calling, calling, calling, calling and putting your child's name on the waiting lists. I lucked into a licensed daycare spot for my son recently simply by calling one of the centres on the list and getting a substitute care provider on the phone who mentioned that she was starting up a licensed in-home centre just when we needed care.<br><br>
I also had good luck with Craig's List when I was in a pinch to find child care. You may also want to check out a nanny share arrangement, which seems to be quite common these days as people struggle to find adequate care.<br><br>
Good luck. I know how hard it is to make these arrangements, as well as how frustrating!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hiya,<br>
Hi Dawn...yup, it's me! I would have liked to meet up with you today on Commercial, but we're visiting the in-laws downtown for dinner so I really had to get DS home to sleep.<br><br>
Yeah, I have a feeling that we are SOL for the timeframe we are looking at and are also looking at getting a nanny. A friend has referred me to a couple agencies that she used.<br><br>
I am quite ticked about the government and all the cuts...don't get me started on that one LOL! *sigh*<br>
thanks ladies for all the positive thoughts, will keep chugging along!<br>
Susan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts