Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be fun to see what food aversions we're all having, so far for me it's anything I have to prepare (something about seeing the food/smelling the food for too long), and tacos.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
my aversions seem to change minute to minute but vegetables and meat are pretty much disgusting to me. I can only eat bland foods like pbj sandwiches...

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
I discovered last week that I can't stand the smell of kielbasa anymore. I tried cooking it, and I had to have DH take over while I went to another room. The smell was just too strong and overwhelming! I couldn't eat it, either.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Chocolate. Seems to be the one thing that I simply can't tolerate. I told DH it was the first sign that I was pregnant, as I LOVE chocolate. For the past few weeks even a taste of it is enough to make my stomach churn though.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
OK, I should have known better than to read this thread, LOL!

The smell of fresh garlic, onions, broccoli, or basil. (We get a weekly box of fresh veggies from a farm all summer, so this is actually a problem, I can't get half of it home in my car!!)

Anything fried. Anything I have to cook. Anything that was good yesterday.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Just about everything at the moment. I'm so sick that nothing looks good or smells good. Not even ice-cream!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i was intent on being as healthy as possible in preparation for this pregnancy and started eating super fancy cereals with omega-3's, dha and all this other good stuff. So i got quite a few different boxes that barely got eaten and i was already pregnant. Well i have a whole collection of them now and I CANT STAND even thinking about them. I feel like i will puke just from the thought!

otherwise i am loving food and food smells right now. i am pretty much always feeling like i can eat an elephant!

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have aversions to ALL foods also. Especially vegetables.

What I can eat is very limited. It stinks. Carbs are usually safe.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Just about everything

Although, some of the stuff that will REALLY push me over the edge....chicken, ranch, and mayo/ketchup (not sure which exactly, they were both on the offending hamburger
)...I know there's more though.

What stinks is, what I don't have an aversion to is something I absolutely can't have because I'm allergic - eggs. Oh you can't imagine how badly I'm craving a big fat breakfast burrito!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Mayonaise - please no mayo. I've been using plain yoghurt in salads and such instead. And I can not handle cooking anything involving oils or grease of any kind - not even just that little smidge of olive oil - GROSS.

Mamajo, so sorry you are allergic to eggs. They are my life saver. Hope you can find something else yummy to eat!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Raw chicken, so we aren't eating much of it cooked, since I do the cooking...

Leftovers (unless it's pizza)

My nose is starting to tell me, like it did with #1, that all raw meat is tainted, so I am constantly questioning whether my hamburger is good. Dh patiently smells it for me.

Milk--omygod. Ew. Gross. Nasty. Barfo.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Right now, I can't eat onions, garlic, or anything strongly spiced or herbed. I can't stand the smells even, so poor DH gets shunned whenever he eats that stuff, too. He tried to hang onions to dry, and I couldn't stand the smell. I threw out all the thyme I was drying, too, because the smell bothered me so much.

Also, I am not wanting raw or lightly cooked veggies. My veggies have to be cooked like they're going in baby food, or I can't eat them. I haven't been able to eat more than a few mouthfuls of anything green for two weeks, and that really bothers me.

Last time around with DD, I had a major chicken aversion, but that was really it. This time it's much worse.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Any moment something could hit me the wrong way, but pretty consistently sweets, chocolate, eggs, and basil are pretty icky...

·
Registered
623 Posts
We were relying pretty heavily on grilled meat over here and up to yesterday it was fine, did a huge grill out last night to have food for this week and this morning I opened the fridge and can't stand the smell of the bottom shelf. My dh is dismayed as there is no way he can eat everything himself

1 - 20 of 21 Posts