Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel sooo bad. my ds who is 4 still pees at night so i have him in motherease overnight dipes. seems like i'm always having issues w/ buildup on his. but this morning was the worst! his whole diapered area is bright burning red
and when i picked up the diaper to go rinse it, it was so strong smelling, it burned my nose and eyes
. i just feel terrible and frustrated. i switched back over to cloth for him cuz i couldn't find and sposies that wouldn't leak (i cded him during the day til he potty learned). but now this is worse.
i've stripped them a ton but we have a front loader and i really think that is the problem (and i think his pee is very strong)

sorry this is such a rant....i just don't know what to do

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
When my dd started sleeping through the night, we'd get a bright red bum & strong smelling dipe in the a.m. and the only thing that really helped (no cream or whatever that I tried did anything) was a morning bath with some baking soda. Could be worth a shot too?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Micheliala View Post
sounds like bacteria buildup, I would add a couple tablespoons of bleach to the wash and they should be fine again. I know that isn't a popular answer but it will work.
i'm pretty anti bleach but have been seriously considering it. i'm just worried about the pul that covers the dipe (it's all one thing). will that ruin the pul?

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by saritasmile View Post
i'm pretty anti bleach but have been seriously considering it. i'm just worried about the pul that covers the dipe (it's all one thing). will that ruin the pul?
I rregurly bleached my ME AIO's with no issues.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
We have this problem too. It only seems to happen with our prefolds. Stripping didn't help us either. It is ammonia burn. I have switched to primarily fuzzi bunz at night, but when I use prefolds I have started using fleece liners, which keep the urine off their skin, and then bathing them in the morning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.