Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been sick for 2 weeks now. I went to the dr. yesterday and found out I have a sinus infection. We came straight home after the appt. 'cuz I didn't want to wait forever for them to get the prescription filled. But, we weren't able to make it out again in the afternoon and I have class from 5-10 p.m. on Mondays with a 1 hr. drive both ways, so no chance to go after dh got home either.

But, I did have a codeine cough syrup left over from a bronchial infection that I had in Dec. and the dr. said that I should take that at night to sleep. So, I did. I started w/ a half dose, but stayed up a half hour waiting for it to kick in so I wouldn't wake up dh w/ my coughing. Then, I was coughing worse, so I decided to take the other half of the dose and go straight to bed. It worked, but when I woke up at 5 this morning, I started in with a terrible coughing fit that lasted almost a half hour and I completely woke dd up, and she wouldn't go back to sleep w/o me, so I finally took 1/4 dose of the cough syrup. BIG MISTAKE!

I was able to go back to sleep, but when dd woke up a little before 8 this morning, I was so loopy and out of it. I could barely walk and I felt like I was going to throw up. I think the reason it was so much stronger than the full dose I took before bed was that I didn't have any food in my tummy. I got her up, closed all the appropriate doors to make the place safe, and laid on the couch. I dozed off and on for the next 45 minutes, until...

DD took her diaper off right in front of me (I was totally dead to the world at this point) and she had poopy pellets that fell all over which she decided to play with. When she was finished, she came to me to play a little game with me. She likes to see if she can put my necklace in my mouth. I let her play for a minute until I realized I smelled poop. Then I realized it was all over her hands, and me! ACK!!! That woke me up pretty quick, but I soooo... wish that I had family close by that could come take care of her. I really need a day to sleep. Anyway, I will go get my antibiotics soon, and hopefully I will be feeling better in a few days. My dr. doesn't like to prescribe anything besides amoxycillin during pregnancy, so that's a 2 week course and doesn't work as quickly as some antibiotics. Oh well, at least relief is in sight.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
HI Alisha,
I can totally relate to sinus'. I have chronic sinusitis. For the past 3 months straight, I have had to deal with sinus headaches, sometimes so bad,I wanted to bash my head off the wall!!!

I recently was prescribed some Zithromax,which works well for me and I'm still having the same issues, heads hurting like everyday, I guess maybe It may die down after a couple more weeks and all.
I hope you feel better soon!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts