Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to talk to someone about this. I thought of you, MDC gals...

After not being able to attend my brother' wedding in Brazil, my familly and I were very excited to learn they were having a wedding party on Eastern PA where they lived. So, last Saturday we packed and traveled 5.5 hours to get there (with 3 small kids in the back)

It was nice seeing them and talking to everyone, and around 6:30 pm we were all dressed up and ready to leave for the reception.

Well, as I was going down the iron steps, I somehow slipped and fell down 7 steps onto concrete with all my weight on my 7 month pregnant stomach. It was horrifying!!! I laid there in tears - I was sure my baby would not have been able to survive that. We were all in shock because the fall was the uggliest one ever...

DH drove me to the hospital immediately while our kids went to the party. We both sat in the car praying and crying all the way to the hospital. We just could not believe it was happening to us again (we lost a baby at 10 weeks in 2001 and twins at 18 weeks in 2002).

After hearing what had happened they rushed me in - the Drs were very concerned when I told them about my fall. They hooked me up to check the baby's vital signs. His HB was great and he was moving all around!!! But there was still fear the placenta might detach. They did all kinds of tests, US and kept me in for observation until midnight. I was told to rest and go for a NST this week just to make sure everything is all right.

OMG... hearing the baby's hb was like being brought back from hell into heaven. We were so sure the baby had been hurt by the fall.

Needless to say we missed the reception... it makes me so mad how bad the timing of all of this was. Still, I heard our kids (6 and 5 ) gave somefunny speeches and I had the chance to see the tape.

Regardless, I feel very blessed nothing happened to the baby. I am all bruised from the fall, but I would not care if I had broken both legs - as long as the baby is fine.

· Registered
1,377 Posts
hugs to you! i know how scary that must have been for you. i fell when i was about 22 wks and was sure i would lose the baby (i was already on bedrest from having bleeding earlier in the pregnancy). it's amazing how resilient our little ones are! i am so glad you are both ok. sorry you are so bruised (my bruising stayed for about a month!).

take care of yourself!

· Registered
9,830 Posts
Mama, that's scary. Glad you're both OK.

I slipped and fell down the stairs leading to my second-floor apt, when I was 6 or 7 months pg. DH could only watch in horror from the bottom as I went bumpity-crash.
I was banged up & bruised, but baby was fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.