Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ds is going through one of those stages when I put him to sleep again....
: I could not nurse him, he would not stay still when trying to get him to sleep tonight. He rolled around the bed, tried to pull my hair, got pissed when I would not let him, then finally decided to lie on my head and neck while I sang to him, then started to nurse while still on my head and neck and fell asleep that way! Thank god he not fat or I woulda suffocated! :LOL

Any other moms have to suffer night time acrobatics and uncomfortable situations when putting dcs to bed at night?

Roxanne
Daniel 8/9/03

·
Registered
215 Posts
Oh yes. My dd loves to sleep in what I call the H position. SO and I sleep parallel and dd makes the cross hatch with her hands touching one of us and her feet touching the other. We got a kingsize bed which alleviated the situation for a few months but dd just keeps growing so now she's doing the H position again. I often wake up with feet in my face. But I guess I don't mind. I like that dd likes to be in constant contact with both of us.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Oh yeah, we've had the H position for months now, and we also have a King size bed. I've also had the nursing while laying across neck and while I'm pretty flexible about comfort and positions, this one is I can't take. One night I woke up horribly having a nightmare that someone was strangling me. Well, it was my DS laying across my neck again.
My current favorite is when DS lays on my back while I'm on my stomach, which is becoming increasingly difficult by the day since I'm 34 weeks preggo!!! Co-sleeping is like a love-hate relationship sometimes, IMO. But we will forge ahead, b/c in August this will be us

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
These are funny. I just had to share ours...

One night dd was restless and having a hard time settling. I thought if I laid there and just pretended to be asleep, she'd fall asleep too. So I rolled over onto my stomach, and then dd draped herself across my butt with her belly down. Too funny...

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Yes, we have acrobatics - I have 20 month twins that often have to crawl all over me and each other until they fall/nurse to sleep. I wait till they're limp then just try to roll them off me and generally get out from under the baby pile. We have two queen beds pushed together, so there's a lot of room for them to sprawl.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts