Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious - do any of your babes have a reaction to TTO?

Long time ago we used to use TTO in Ava's wipe solution and she was rashy. But we eliminated and and the rash continued (for months). Then the rash went away and has been gone for months (YAY!). Only thing that changed was we used a different diaper cream. We had switched to a different detergent too (Allen's naturally) but we switched to that a while before the rash went away so I don't think that was the cure for the rash. We ran out of Allen's a few weeks ago and I've been using regular detergent (Tide) and it seemed to be fine.

Anyway, a few weeks ago our hemp got stinky and I wanted to fix it. So I did boiled the hemp and did a wash with All (ran out of tide) and put some TTO in. Today her bum looks a little rashy. Not really bad but not as rash-free as it usually is.

So I am wondering if my new routine did something to irritate her - could be the All or the TTO I guess. Or it could be a coincidence since she does occasionally just get a little rashy.

Anyone have issues with TTO?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
How much TTO are you using?

I had the same issue w/my wipes solution (when I used a wipes solution). Ross got a really bumpy, red rash from the wipes solution and I too took the TTO out and he was fine. I use warm water now so that I don't have anything that might affect his bottom, but I still use a couple drops of TTO ocassionally in the wash and the water dilutes it so much that it isn't an issue anymore. I think maybe it depends on the situation you're using TTO in (i.e. how much water to a certain amount of TTO).

HTH

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
I don't use a wipe solution, just wet some at the sink before a change. But I have been using a few drops of TTO in the wash to cure stink and buildup and E is a bit rashy for the first time since we stopped using sposies. I'm guessing she is a bit sensitive to it.

I only use 2-3 drops of tto, I can't stand the smell so I would think 10 drops would kill me :LOL It's very strong a few drops is all you need.

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lori810
In the wash I put in 10 drops. Is that too much?

Thanks!
I think so!! I usually put 2-3 drops in and the smell is enough to knock you over when they come out of the washer. And that is in an X-Large load.

*Hoping someone else can post their experience w/TTO!!*

·
Registered
71 Posts
We don't have a problem with TTO, but All gave my DS a rash every time I tried it. He's out of diapers now, and I haven't tried All on our DD. She does fine with TTO in the wipes and the laundry though.

Cindy, usually a lurker, and just returning to the boards after the birth of our daughter...

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kcwilliams
We don't have a problem with TTO, but All gave my DS a rash every time I tried it. He's out of diapers now, and I haven't tried All on our DD. She does fine with TTO in the wipes and the laundry though.

Cindy, usually a lurker, and just returning to the boards after the birth of our daughter...
Hmmm...thanks for the feedback. I think I'll switch back to Tide and only use the TTO (less though) when I really need to!

Thanks everyone!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts