Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to order some B6 today. Should I get B Complex? B6 only? Any recommended brands?

Thanks!

· Registered
706 Posts
I personaly take B6 on its own, and the brand I take is holland and barretts but im not sure were your from so i dont know if you have that store.

Im not saying that B6 is better out the two but thought you might like to know what people take

· Registered
1,417 Posts
i got whatever generic they had at the pharmacy, i dont think the brands matter with this sort of thing, and i got just the b6, 50 mg, because the b complexes didnt have much b6 in them. my pnv have 3 mg, so im taking 53 mg/day.

· Registered
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I have read that the complex makes it work better - but when I look at them, they don't say how much B6 is in them.

Yes, I am interested in what brands people take... just wondering really.

· Registered
1,417 Posts
the complexes at my pharmacy had (if i am remembering right) around 20 mg of b6 in them, and the recommended range for LPD is 50-200 mg/day. is that why you want it, for LP issues? i havent heard that about the b-complexes being better if you are taking it for luteal phase problems, everything i've read says b6. but all those vits are important, and water soluable, so it's hard to have too much anyway as long as you dont do anything extreme. i take a pnv also, so i hope ive got that covered.

· Registered
3,028 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by karmab View Post
i got whatever generic they had at the pharmacy, i dont think the brands matter with this sort of thing, and i got just the b6, 50 mg, because the b complexes didnt have much b6 in them. my pnv have 3 mg, so im taking 53 mg/day.
Mine is 50mg as well, which I like because I can adjust it more. They had 100mg but I like the option of taking 150mg without having to cut the pill.

I think I've taken up to 200mg before, when I was ttc #2...

· Registered
683 Posts
I took 100mg of B6 CVS brand, but thinking about halving it this month. My LP went from 11 to 14 days in one month. Plus my temps were more consistent and higher post-O than usual.

· Registered
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My LP is 12 days - not too short, but longer would be nice.

I am also trying to increase EWCM, and I read somewhere that B6 helps with that.

I am planning to take 50 mg.

· Registered
3,028 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rcr View Post
My LP is 12 days - not too short, but longer would be nice.

I am also trying to increase EWCM, and I read somewhere that B6 helps with that.

I am planning to take 50 mg.
Have you tried EPO for ewcm? I've heard it works well, I'm taking it now only because I had a bottle leftover from my 2nd pregnancy and well, why not?

· Registered
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post
Have you tried EPO for ewcm? I've heard it works well, I'm taking it now only because I had a bottle leftover from my 2nd pregnancy and well, why not?

Evening Primrose Oil - is that EPO? I have never heard that could help.

· Registered
3,028 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rcr View Post
Evening Primrose Oil - is that EPO? I have never heard that could help.

This is informative. http://www.ovulation-calculator.com/...rimroseoil.htm

Also, if you just google "EWCM" + evening primrose oil it pulls up a bunch of stuff (alot from MDC too).

· Registered
205 Posts
B vitamins should be taken as a complex. Individual b's may be taken for a short time (preferable under a dr.'s monitoring) or it may create other b imbalances/def. They make several good 50 mg b complex tablets/capsules. I would try and buy vitamins at a health food store or online for usually about 1/2 the price at luckyvitamin, vitacost, iherb, etc.

· Premium Member
4,351 Posts
mommyjenn is right on the mark, a b complex is better for absorption and for the long term and a good one will tell you the individual levels.

this is the one i take and have for almost 2 years, i am very happy with it.

Solaray B-Complex 75 Two Stage Timed-Release

· Registered
673 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by •Adorkable• View Post
mommyjenn is right on the mark, a b complex is better for absorption and for the long term and a good one will tell you the individual levels.

this is the one i take and have for almost 2 years, i am very happy with it.

Solaray B-Complex 75 Two Stage Timed-Release

I take 100mg-150mg B6 in complex (50mg pills, depending on how many I remember that day
) I got my at GNC bc it was what I could find local. When my bottle runs out, I'm going to try Adorkable's suggestion.

Also, I am taking EPO (evening primrose) to encourage EWCM (Like Finnagan'smom, I had some left over from my most recent birthing-day countdown, so why not?
) I've been taking it for a few weeks and haven't noticed a difference at all. However, I'm nursing, so could be that.

· Premium Member
4,351 Posts
i like that brand since they are usually powder capsules and i feel like loose powder can be easier on my stomach and digestion.

· Registered
529 Posts
another brand rec. for you, I take country life co-enzyme B complex...It's also a powder so it doesn't have that gross B vit. aftertaste and is gentle on my stomach and it also has 80 mg of B6.

· Registered
702 Posts
I'm taking a b complex. I need the stuff the other b vitamins give me too, like engergy (b 12 is good for that.)

I can't say anything about a lengthening lutel phase cause I'm still waiting for my first postpartum cycle, but my CM has increased DRAMATICALLY. The B complex is the only thing I've been doing different, so it must be helping with that.

I'm just taking Nature's Way from my local pharamacy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.