Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 7 mo-old DD has tremors occasionally as she falls asleep while nursing. It's not a slight trembling, but is more distinct than that. Either her hand and arm, or her head, will tremor about a half inch, for about 10 seconds. If I try to stop it with my hand, I can still feel the movement. The only thing I can compare it to are the tremors of someone with Parkinson's or Alzheimer's. This happens once every two or three days. My babe is totally normal and healthy, except she happens to be XX big for her age. My ped is concerned about this, but I wonder if it's more common than she thinks. Anyone else noticed this about their little ones?

·
Registered
544 Posts
: I completely agree. Good luck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelika13 View Post
It could be nothing, but IMO better safe than sorry. I would have it check out by a ped neurologist. If it is something better to know as early as possible.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Same thing happened with my son and other babies on this board around the same age. It was nothing.

Do a search for tremors or shivers or trembling in this forum. You are not alone in posting this topic. Sort of interesting actually.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input, mamas. I did a search for "tremors" and stangely enough, was not able to find anything by searching this site, but when I searched on google, it directed me to two discussions on mothering.com where people were talking about the exact same thing and it was very comforting to read that it's not so uncommon and also not necessarily an indicator of anything wrong. Whew, that was a long sentence! We may still take her to get an EEG, based on the recommendation of our ped, and just for peace of mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.