Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I caught the last 10 minutes of Baby Blues last night. I turned it on just in time to see them in a restaurant when the baby got hungry. The father pulled out a bottle
but the mother just started breastfeeding

Another (male) character said something like "isn't it great to see the old-fashioned taboos falling away"
but then the father said something like "some of those taboos hold our society together"

It turned out that the other character had a sexual interest in the mother, and the father was jealous, so I guess we're supposed to take both of their comments as having ulterior motives.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I've never heard of this show.... maybe I'm living in the ice age?? (no pun intended :LOL )

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a cartoon. It's based on the comic strip of the same name. It was on Cartoon Network last night.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I'll have to look into my programming guide and try to catch the next one

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
IIRC, the comic strip has the best breastfeeding 'noise' -- isn't it something like, "thwik thwik thwik thwik"?

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I love the comic strip-very pro-bf! I have one on my fridge, she's nursing the baby and he makes a comment about the new formula. She grabs the coupons and shreds them and stomps them into the trash. :LOL

Hooray to that writer/illustrater for having the convictions and the guts to put this out in a mainstream comic! And hooray to the papers for carrying it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts