Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm searching for a baby book for this baby girl. She's my third child so I know I don't want anything that has too much to be recorded! I haven't even kept up that well with DS1 and DS2!

Does anyone have one that they really love? When I leaf through them in the stores, so many have such a large amount of space dedicated to:
-bringing baby home from the hospital (hoping for homebirth),
-height and weight every month (don't measure that often),
-childhood illnesses (doesn't happen a lot in our house and not something I want to record anyway),
-and vaccinations (none.)

Can anyone pont me to some good ones? Thanks!

·
Registered
451 Posts
We just got ours....we got the Anne Geddes one at Barnes and Noble. The pictures are beautiful, not 8 million pages long. I don't know the % of how much is listed for the things you listed above, but it's nice enough that you could write in there something like for the hospital part "You were born safe and warm at home and thankfully didn't need this part", or something.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I put an 8x10 over the vaccination page in DD's baby book. Anything that was just totally worthless, I used for pictures/scrapbooky stuff (like wrapping paper from the baby shower, etc.)!

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xakana View Post
I put an 8x10 over the vaccination page in DD's baby book. Anything that was just totally worthless, I used for pictures/scrapbooky stuff (like wrapping paper from the baby shower, etc.)!
That is what I was thinking of doing to any irrelevant/deemed unneccessary pages in the book I just got! lol For the most part it looked pretty decent, but I know some of it is like... Huh?

Like there is actually a part on the birth page that asks, "was the father present?" *blinks* Is it really that common for the Father not to be present??? I'd kill my DH if he wasn't a part of this! It takes two to make a child after all. lol

·
Registered
532 Posts
I am so NOT a scrapbooker, but I bought an empty scrapbook at Hobby Lobby, and I'm copying the pertinant information from dd's baby book onto word docs to use in it. I did use a free trial on smilebox.com to create a belly pics page and an ultrasound pics page that I'll include. I picture the rest of the pages being more journal style with photos and keepsakes. I like to record milestones and our routine at different stages. And creating my own milestone page is great -- dd's book had a place for "held bottle on own" and such. I had to add spaces for nightweaned and fully weaned and such.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.