Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any suggestions for baby development/care books? Right now I'm reading The Baby Book by Dr. Sears, and I really like it, but I want to start reading some others as well. What books are your favorites?

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I haven't read or referred to a baby book since my second was born...I'll have to pull out my pregnancy/baby/natural parenting library and take a look at what I have!

I, however, can say to stay away from the "What to Expect..." books...they tend to induce stress and worry!
for The Baby Book by Sears!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Yes, STAY away from the What to expect.... pure garbage.

I really liked Dr. Sears book. I also like Dr. Brazleton's books "touchpoints" is one.

This is not a book for baby's first developing years, but is a FANTASTIC parenting book Dr. Neufeld's book "Hold on to your Kids". It just came out and I took his course last year. It is FANTASTIC. Right on the money. It does talk about development, and how important attachment is throughout childhood, and into the teen years. Why parents lose their kids to peer relationships and how to avoid that. It is great.

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
Our Babies, Ourselves. I think her name is Meredith Small. It is actually an anthropology book but it is awesome for telling you the normal, natural way to treat a baby, and be confident in not being mainstream. Also plenty of ammo if anyone challenges your ways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.