Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been addressed before.. but the issue is a 19 month old toddler with dental caries in all 4 front teeth. she gets 50-60% of her nutrition from bmilk, otherwise VERY healthy diet, fairly high (good) fat, protein (lots of fish). Dentist says it's breast milk. I KNOW you guys have a good answer! Any help?

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Hi. Keep nursing!!! I have managed to completely, totally halt my son's very substantial decay While Night Nursing. I just had a wonderful experience with a dentist who provides Ozone treatments and I'm going to post about that today or over the next week. He also told me that his decay has all hardened and calcified, and that all of my efforts over the last year (WHILE NIGHT NURSING) have been beneficial to his teeth. So, I just wanted to pop in here and tell you that there is definitely hope for a positive outcome with your little one. I didn't believe it a year ago, when i was heart-broken, torn, and depressed, but let me tell you today I am happy to report that my baby's teeth are in good shape, and we didn't wean for a single night. Phew!!<br><br>
Just a few quick things. A lot of moms here are on the traditional foods diet, which includes bone broths, high vitamin butter oil, and cod liver oil. I've been doing the bo and clo, and am trying to eat bone broths, but my son has not. It's something you should look into though, if you haven't already.<br><br>
We've been using Spry tooth gel over this last year. I put it on my finger and spread it on his four teeth a few times a day in addition to brushing with it twice a day. I was just given an even better product that I will include in my coming post. It has some additional ingredients including collodial silver, xylitol, and a couple of good remin ingredients.<br><br>
We use Calc Phos homeopathics. 5 pills a day at 30 c.<br><br>
We have taken noodles out of our diet, and only do bananas very occasionally.<br><br>
And, the sad thing that probably made the biggest difference. We've been having the fluoride varnishes, and I've been putting fluoride toothpaste on his teeth multiple times per day. About the size of the letter l, here. Don't do that, though. I just received a good product recc from this last dentist for a special mineral clay that is much safer, and that I'm going to use instead of fluoride.<br><br>
We use MI Paste on his teeth at night. It can be used more than once a day though. I wait until his dad has put him to sleep and then I rub it on his upper teeth and let him sleep with it (yeah, he eats it eventually).<br><br>
I've been putting a couple of drops of colloidal silver on his toothbrush before the spry gel, when we brush twice a day.<br><br>
Hm. Oh, spiffies toothwipes throughout the day.<br><br>
I think that's about it. We eat a healthy diet. Any foods that have sugar we use xylitol sugar instead, and we do that sparingly. We use only sprouted grain breads, and make amaranth pancakes with xylitol, avoiding wheat flours when possible. And, he gets most of his nutrition through breast milk.<br><br>
I guess this is kind of long. OH!! The other thing is probiotics! I didn't think of this until it was mentioned to me today, but probiotics can help ensure that all of the minerals and nutrients are being digested properly, so that calcium and phospherous aren't leached out of the teeth and bones. The dentist mentioned that something like 80% of kids with early decay are deficient in something that makes them slightly anemic, I wish I could remember what it was. But, he said that taking a good probiotic would address this.<br><br>
Hope that helps. You might also consider getting a recommendation for another pediatric dentist from someone in your tribal area and/or your La Leche League.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts