Mothering Forum banner

Baby Boy is here (and even has a name)!

1144 Views 27 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  EdnaMarie
Yes y'all, William Henry is here!! He is amazingly beautiful and squishy and heavenly. And BIG! Brynn was 8lbs 10oz, so no delicate pixie herself. Guess I know how to grow 'em big. Too big to birth, apparently, because Will Henry was eventually brought into the world via cesarean. It was another long story of hours of pushing, massive swelling, epidural, pitocin, and then decision to have the c/s to keep us both from going into distress. I found out yesterday from the doctor that my uterus *did* actually tear from all of the pushing, but not at my previous scar. I think I know when it labor it actually happened, too, because I had been coping fairly well for hours and then just lost it because the pain was so horrible. I know that we did the right thing by coming to the hospital and being really conservative w/pit - I'm just really really thankful that nothing more serious happened.

Will Henry and I are both fine (although recovering from a c/s is actually harder than I had remembered!) and I should get to go home tomorrow. Brynn is doing well - totally IN LOVE with her baby brother, but understandably distressed that I can't come home yet. Jason has been doing a wonderful job of being the full-time daddy for her the past few days. He's so awesome.

Pics and the brief story are on the blog. Thanks for all of the love and vibes. I
you guys!!!
See less See more
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
sounds scary

Glad William Henry and mama made it through safely
:

William Henry was almost the name of one of my twins, its a good name
See less See more
Oh Congrats!!!!!
:
:
e've been wondering about you!!!! I"m so glad he's here and well! Sorry you didn't get the birth you were hoping but also glad you were where you needed to be to keep you both safe and you feel pretty good about that!Hospitals/docs are a Godsend when needed! Praying for a fast recovery!!!

ETA Great story on your blog...wonderful pics, what a cute baby boy! So glad your all doing well!!!
See less See more
Sorry you had such a bad experience, and I am glad to hear all is well now. Congratulations, and welcome William!
He is just beautiful. Congrats!!!
Congrats Amy!!
:

What a handsome little guy and a lovely family
See less See more
Congratulations Amy, he is so beautiful.
Welcome William
:
See less See more
Congrats, I love the name.
:
See less See more
Congrats and welcome Will!
Amy, congratulations to you, Jason and Brynn and welcome to the beautiful baby Will! Wishing you a gentle recovery and an easy big sister adjustment for Brynn, too
:
See less See more
wow mama. you went through the ringer on this one. so glad you are all healthy in the end.

love his name and he's lucky to have such a strong mama! wishing you a speedy recovery and homecoming.

Welcome Will Henry!
:

XOXO
B
See less See more
Oh Amy!

I've been waiting to hear the wonderful news.... Congrats on your (BIG) healthy baby boy....

:
:
:
:
:
:
See less See more
Yeay Amy!! I'm so happy for you! I was wondering yesterday if you were going to go with William or another one you've mentioned - I love his name!!!! Congratulations and Welcome William!!!!
:
:
:
:
See less See more
Yay Amy!!!! Welcome Will Henry!!! He is big and adorable!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
:
:
:
See less See more
: Congratulations!
:
Welcome, William!

: Sending healing vibes your way during your recovery period. I'm sure big sister is benefiting from this alone time with Daddy. It is a good time to be his focus, and she will only fall more deeply in love with her Daddy!
See less See more
Congrats on the arrival of William Henry! Love the name!
In the end what matters most is that your baby is safe and sound in your arms
. I'm so glad you're both well and it sounds like you're enjoying every moment with Will. I love the family pic - you all look so happy!!
See less See more
Congratulations! He's beautiful!
As mother to a Willa and a boy with the middle name of Henry, it goes without saying that I love the name...
See less See more
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.