Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is your favorite baby carrier? I've used a sling and mai tai in the past. I'd love a new wrap for this baby, but I'm not interested in a wrap with loads of material that I'll make me feel bulky. I bring my newborn to work me, I head back around three weeks, and I want something comfortable. Thanks for any ideas.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Wraps when small, kinderpacks once they're walking.

For wraps, I like a stretchy the first month or so and then woven. Wool blends are fantastic if you don't have a puker, otherwise something thin and cotton till weight becomes an issue and then i look for something with a bit of diagonal stfetch. Though I'll admit most of my wraps have been chosen by looks only - except my wool blend size 7 which is just divine and the perfect wrap the baby to sleep wrap.

·
Registered
633 Posts
In tour situation I think a stretchy, ring sling, and a mei tai will work great (I'm a fan of chimparoo because they use woven wrap fabric with half width wrap straps which are fantastic.

Also the big advantage of MTs is you can do high back carries pretty early (of you have the experience and confidence)

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I crazy love wraps... newborn through 5yo I wrapped mine.

If you don't want bulky, go a well worn cotton (this is where used is often a bonus in that someone else breaks it in for you).

I have a few I love, but none of the ones I have were cheap. I used them (and will again) to death so that's fine by me.

I had a cotton Diva and wow was it soft straight out of the box. A size 5 is long enough to do most wraps without being too too long, depending on your personal size.

I also have an Oscha cotton wrap but it took some wearing in.

I have a few others but for someone new to wrapping I'd give something like those a try. Also, you may have a wrapping group where you are who has a lending library or where you can meet up and touch some of the wraps, etc. that's always cool.

I used to think I loved the Moby stretchy wrap but nope! My real wraps are my first loves, now. YouTube has awesome videos to learn how to use them, and I did it with baby over my bed mattress so I had less fear in case they started slipping while I was trying to learn a wrap style.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
How bout a size 4 woven in a blend of your choice? I think didymos prima (fmrl indio) are great first wraps and I love their hemp blends. A 4 would not be bulky.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts