Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What will you be putting your baby in for the first couple days/weeks?

I went through all my baby clothes and sorted them into what I'd be needing right away and what I'll be using later. The only things I have in my "right away" pile are gowns, tshirts, baby legs, socks, hats and receiving blankets. That's all I'll need, right? I just feel like I'm missing something...

April/May is a really nice time of year to have a baby where we live, and with summer right around the corner, this baby can just live in cute dyed tshits and wool soakers all season, right?

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
We will either co sleep and / or use the amby baby hammock. My friends went in together and got me one today for my shower (I have such awesome friends).
I am totally anal and organized about things. I got a thing at Ikea last year that has 6 pull out storage baskets that we have baby clothes in. Each basket has different items like one has outfits, one has onsies, etc. I then have a shelf about the changing table for cloth diapers and wraps. The changing table is an antique commode from the the middle 1800's so it has two drawers and two cupboards. We have blankets in one drawer and misc. items in the other.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have gowns, t-shirts, onsies, pull on pants, babylegs, one piece outfits, a couple little sweaters, socks and hats. I have all of my diapers and covers ready, diaper supplies, wipes (just some cheap terry washcloths), burp cloths and blankets.I have a couple of changing pad covers and waterproof pads to lay on the bed, cosleeper sheets. I just washed my diper pail liners. My slings are ready to go and I have a diaper bag. Ok, that isn't all baby clothes but that is what I have ready. I can't think of anything else I could need. A lot of it was left from my last baby, some things from my cousin and I purchased a few things.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have only onesies and sleepers with feet in the newborn size and a couple of hats and will get diapers and probably socks and be done. I've done it with a lot more, but ended up using mostly the onesies and sleepers so that is all I'm getting this time. I'll branch out when he moves up to the bigger sizes. The rest of the stuff either never went away (burp cloths are still in the dresser in the closet, blankets are still out, still using a diaper bag though will probably switch back to the bigger one to fit 2 kiddos again) or never got used. I have also all the "equipment" I plan to get, just need to put together a thing or two and rearrange the bedroom.

There are a few things I still need to get for me - need to make breast pads, get diapers for me (hahaha - heh), make arrangements for someone to be with the younger kids, and I have a birth pool in my shopping cart online that I want to buy but I'm still trying to decide. I also need to give notice to my boss that I changed my mind and don't want to come back after the baby is born.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts

I have a pack of sposies (newborn), some wipes (made by mom), 3 gowns, one onsie, a couple of receiving blankets and 6 pairs of socks. Oh, and two hats that I made that are just too cute.
I've made 4 small pocket dipes, erm, well, a few others too but I don't like them and will probably take them apart and redo them.

My SIL has offered to do a baby shower for me.... kindof running out of time on that one, but we might squeeze that in sometime in the next 6 weeks.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I have 4 sleepers with no feet in 0-3 month 2 in 3-6
3 button up undershirts in newborn
3 outfits in newborn (these are to dye for cute and are really just dressier sleepers)
3 gowns in newborn and a sweater
as well as gads of wool soakers and longies

I plan on buying some little t shirts in 3-6 months and I figure I'll be good till fall hits, since it is so hot here in the summer I'll only need the sleepers if the baby is a good sleeper and not in bed with me

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
baby gowns and socks. cloth diapers and covers. and hats thats it.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Ahhh... we've gotten some really cute outfits, but for the beginning, I am feeling like a uniform of lap tee, diaper, and baby legs or gown kimono makes sense.. I want her close to my skin and easy to practice EC with. I have to say I get a little overwelmed looking at all those cute outfits laden with snaps. I wouldn't probably want to put those on after the most intense journey of my life! Will probably end keeping her as naked as possible and swaddled up or close to me.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
We like gowns. This is going to be so different for me, having a baby in May! My previous two were born in January and February, which was a whole different scene as far as appropriate clothing. I will probably go with gowns and socks around the house, and then onesies/pants for outings. All the fleece sleepers with feet will probably be staying in storage this time around.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
I love those gowns with the elastic in the bottom. I have maybe 4-6 of them for this baby. I also like those side-snap kimono shirts and stretchy cotton pants. I don't bother with socks, that's what blankets are for
Oh, I have a bunch of hats too. Nothing fancy, just comfy cotton.

·
Registered
271 Posts
"What will you be putting your baby in for the first couple days/weeks?"

My bed, in a cloth diaper. I will be dressed the same

I'm so glad we won't have a drive to make on that second day this time! I don't have to try and pick an outfit for the ride home...

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I have probably 10 1-3 month sleepers, three infant shirts and some socks. And atleast three animal outfits..you know, with the ears and stuff on the hood? My SO seems to be obsessed with them! We have a bear, a pig, and a dinosaur. The poor kid isn't going to know WHAT he is. Although when dd was threeish she had a dinosaur costume she wore ALL the time. You haven't lived until you've taken a dinosaur out to breakfast. I'm sure he won't need too much therapy

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have about 10 onesies, a couple of sleep gowns, and a couple of cutsie outfits that have been given to me as gifts. The onesies and gowns are leftover from my son.

I have quite a few blankets, but two specifically that are "marked" for my daughter. One I just made and one I got as a gift that's handmade flannel.

My diaper stash is ready. (Prefolds and covers.)

My sling is not ready - I need to buy new rings because I gave my old ones away. I also have some fabric that I want my GMIL to make another sling for me. She made my other ones. But I still have my son's sling, so if the new one doesn't get made before her birth, I don't care.

She's probably be in a diaper and a onesie for quite some time. Swaddled or tucked in close to me. Its hot here and with a toddler - I imagine that I'll be outside hanging out with DS running around and DD nursing quite a bit over the summer.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
I've got gowns, t-shirts, socks and wool diaper covers. that's it. i ave a few outfits from friends/family but those won't be used unless we go out...which I'm not planning on doing for quite some time!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Probably just t-shirts and fitted diapers with wool covers. And socks. But i have nothing. Too superstitious to buy anything but diapers (which I can claim as research for my boutique) and anyways, I have SO many friends with new babies that they'll bring me stuff once she's born and I know how big she is. But it will bug me to put onesies over my super cute soakers...

ILANA

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.