Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So happy I found this site. I just want to advise on a few things.

My baby is 5 months old and after months of crying and screaming we found out she had an intolerance to milk and it may have been causing her eczema. As a new mum and a natural health person prior to having a baby. Im really new in the game in regards to what is best for her and what the does and donts are really.

Her eczema has been quiet bad and theyve given us quiet a few creams one with steroids in. This I wasnt happy about however i want her to be ok and with her father being logical he is happy to do exactly what docters say. Which is fine as he only wants the best for his daughter. But i dont feel comphy just resolving everything like this. His mother keeps asking me to get an anti-histameans. Im not happy with pumping anything into my child. For the last 4 years ive chosen as much natural health for myself as possible and im quiet holictic.

Last night i bathed in her oats wrapped in a muslin cloth, creamed her with baby aveeno and all her erratic itching has stopped since then. Normally my night is spent with a very agitated baby :(

However I know my partners mother will disapprove and say what a load of rubbish or laugh and also will tell me the importance of follwing the rules of medicine for our daughter. Or tell me its dangerous etc.
She is not holistic in any sense and with a good heart and good intention, gives the rules of life out to everyone everytime she talks she explains whats right or wrong.

My question to everyone.... how do you deal with that situation? Im 32 id like to think im well mannered and polite but to the point i dont speak up for myself or show my true self. My every day life im I enjoy anything holistic, calming and anything good for the spirit or ur wellbeing. but because im not outwardly that way ud never know. Im just grateful most of the time and Ive never had the need to push my own beliefs or way of living on anyone else. As its what makes me feel good inside.

my partner doesn't tell her much and again just to keep her happy and just agree, he sais its easier if people just listen.
But i dont want to hide myself away in who i am or the things i enjoy for 1 ...and for 2 how do you guys approach natural health against non natural health people???? & there opposing opinions of holistic health.

I feel she will laugh at me if i explain about the bath?
but in one way i kind of want her to ask or be aware because she's taking over sometimes and not everything i feel is what id like to do with or for my daughter.

sorry it was long any advise would be appreciated?

Also do you ever feel guilty for choosing natural health along side what doctors give you? I feel bad that I dont agree with what she feels is best :/

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
I dont feel guilty but I also dont bring it up with my doctor or other family members as they have little to no training in the subject. If you find something that works then go for it. You dont owe anyone an explanation. Its really nobodys business. If they ask, I may tell, or I may let them know its not up for discussion.

ETA: If this forum has taught me anything its to say it this way "We feel we are doing what is best for our family. Its not up for debate. Please pass the bean dip."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts