Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I may not have posted here a ton while I was pregnant, but I certainly read a lot of your advice and appreciated all of your input, expertise and hearing about your experiences while we were all pregnant together!!

So I woke up at 4:30 am on June 1st because I was having some more intense contractions. I'd been having contractions that woke me up at night for a few days so I was determined at first to ignore them and just go back to sleep. After four or five went by, I quickly realized that I was going to need to get out of bed and move around to handle these. Still, I didn't wake up DH because I wasn't sure if the contractions would continue or disappear again.

At about 5:30, things were definitely progressing. I woke up my DH to make me some food, since I hadn't eaten since the night before and eating during early labor is one of the things that my midwife had drilled into my head through the whole pregnancy. I ate two bites of a bagel and promptly threw them back up. Ugh! In the meantime, I was getting to the point where I just needed to keep walking during every contraction and I couldn't have DH touch me or talk to me during them. We called my midwife and she told me I really should try again to eat, and then call her when I decided that I wanted to come to the birth center. I think she was definitely expecting it to be a few hours before I wanted to come in, with this being my first baby who had been anterior when she checked the day before. DH made me some hot cereal and I managed to force in half a bowl before the contractions were just coming too fast to eat in between. I was starting to get really overwhelmed because it had only been three hours since the start of labor, and I thought if early labor was this bad, then I was really dreading the rest!! As soon as I began needing to vocalize to get through the pain, I told DH to call our midwife and our doula and let them know we were on our way to the birth center. I just knew if I waited any longer, than I wouldn't be able to stand the 15 minute car ride there. I had a thought that I was possibly further along than I should've logically been at that point, but I didn't really believe it. We did time the contractions just before we left, and they were coming about 2 minutes apart already! I put my Hypnobabies Deepening track on with headphones and tried my best to survive the time in the car.

We arrived at the birth center at 8, my midwife checked me, said I was about an 8, and started filling the tub immediately. I got in and contractions were so intense, I felt like I was in my own world, even though I could hear the people around me encouraging me. At some point, DH got in the tub in front of me as I was on hands and knees so he could hold me up. Suddenly, the contractions just completely changed and my body began bearing down. At first, I was afraid, but I trusted the instinct and I just kept telling myself to go with it. I was grunting through each contraction and some of them seemed to come back to back. I could feel a pressure in my vagina, but I still kept telling myself not to get too excited because it could still be a while longer. I really didn't realize that the baby was coming that quickly and I wanted to stay in the moment and not think about how much more I still had to face. My midwife told me to reach down and feel inside for the baby's head, and even then, I was still thinking I had a while to go. The next thing I knew, I had a huge relief of pressure and the head was out!! I could hardly believe it! I pushed through the next contraction and she was born at 9:10 am! Just 4 and a half hours from the start of labor, and only an hour after we arrived at the birth center!!

232323232%7Ffp53997)nu=72;3)277)257)WSNRCG=33 36 49(6348nu0mrj.jpg

I have to say that for me, Hypnobabies did not create a quiet, pain free birth. However, I definitely used the relaxation techniques and the positive affirmations to help navigate labor. I do believe that the mindset around birth that the program instilled in me was what lead to such a quick and relatively easy birth! I would definitely recommend the program to anyone because I do feel it helped me tremendously!!!

We have been home since yesterday and baby is doing great! Adjusting to breastfeeding has been a bit painful but otherwise we are happy and finding our rhythm as a family!!

Love to you all and best wishes for beautiful, life changing birth experiences to you all!!

·
Registered
972 Posts
What a great birth story! Your baby girl is darling! That was a very fast labor, especially for a first-time momma! Enjoy your babymoon and be sweet to yourself while you take some time to heal and recover. :)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Congratulations and what a beautiful story! It sounds very much like my second labor...short, but very intense. It sounds like it went very nicely, though, and she is just beautiful! Enjoy your babymoon!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Beautiful! The story AND the baby! Congratulations. So happy you had such a wonderful birth!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Oh wow. A great story. I'm also doing hypnobabies, so it was fun to read a hypnobabies birth story. That's insanely fast - sounds like you did a great job mama. Welcome Simone!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Beautiful birth story Mama!!! Simone is gorgeous! Congratulations and enjoy your babymoon! My first was a home birth, a long and hard labor but I always said I didn't need my midwife there for the birth, but I did definitely need her for the breastfeeding help, we had a really rough start - good luck!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you, everyone!! She was 6 lb 10 oz at birth and 19 3/4 inches long- definitely a tiny peanut!! My milk came in last night and she is certainly a champion eater so far! I actually got a few hours of sleep in here and there between last night and this morning and I am feeling pretty good, all things considered! Seeing my DH take his shirt off and let her sleep skin to skin on his chest is about the sweetest thing I could possibly imagine! I am so in love with both of them!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.