Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have one? I'd love to hear what you think. What brand do you have and how long have you been able to use it?

I've been looking at the Kanoe and the Happy Hang Up but I'm interested in any brands you have tried.

TIA

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
We got some no-name one from eBay. DS didn't like it very much, so we were only able to use it a few times. By the time he was, I forget now, maybe 4 or 5 months, we took it apart. We now need to resell it.

If your baby likes sleeping in it then that's great, it's just that ours didn't.

·
Registered
252 Posts
We have a Kanoe and LOVE it! We started using it seriously when DD2 was a couple months old. Before that she napped in her swing and was in bed with us at night. From the get-go she liked motion while she was sleeping and napped awesomely in her swing. To get her to sleep in the Kanoe we swaddled her and rocked/bounced her to sleep and then laid her in the Kanoe and gently bounced it. Mostly she stayed asleep through the transition but even when she'd wake up when I set her down she'd quickly be lulled back to sleep by the bouncing. Now she naps in it and sleeps in it at night until she wakes up for the first time. We hung the Kanoe right next to my side of the bed so when she wakes I just pull her out and bring her in bed with me. She sleeps really well in the Kanoe but for me the most awesome part is being able to transition her from being held to being put down so easily. I remember that being SO hard with DD1. She'd be sound asleep forever in my arms and then I'd try to gently put her down and she'd instantly wake. Repeat times a thousand. Sometimes DD2 wakes after only being in her Kanoe a half hour or so but then I just go lie in bed next to her and bounce her while I read a book or something and she goes back to sleep. It's been so easy for us. I know DD2 is a different kid than DD1 but I still attribute her sleeping better to the Kanoe.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great to hear. DD has always been a sleep fighter although once she's asleep she does sleep well. We will cosleep at night but I want something for days for this new little one. I'm leaning towards the Kanoe if I can get my hands on one. They are currently out of stock and won't have new ones until maybe Sept/Oct. Baby is due in Oct so we'll see...

Has anyone used a happy hang up?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.