Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if any of you bought them and what you think? Also did you get the comfort ones? I think they are adorable and a great idea! Feedback is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

·
Registered
922 Posts
I bought them before they made the comfort ones, and they are way too tight on my dd's thighs- this was when she was 6 months old. She's a bit of a chub! I kept them because I love the idea, and I figure they will probably fit her at some point.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I bought the ones with the new comfort banding and they were still too tight on my chunky's thighs. Not that they would have hurt him, but they wouldn't stay up. They would kind of roll down his thighs. As a reference, my 6 month old was 19 pounds and 28 inches. I wouldn't call him rolly-poly by any means, but too chubby for baby legs!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
*LOVE* them. HOWEVER...like other posters, they often roll down my DS's thighs. He's almost 23lbs at 7 months. We have the comfort cuff. They are very cute, though...just see in my siggi!!!

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by peacefulmommy
They are very cute, though...just see in my siggi!!!

Those pics are adorable!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chelsmm
I bought them before they made the comfort ones, and they are way too tight on my dd's thighs- this was when she was 6 months old. She's a bit of a chub! I kept them because I love the idea, and I figure they will probably fit her at some point.
Uh-huh. Same here.

·
Registered
390 Posts
i just got them and i am lovin' them. My baby looks adorable in them...they are a little tight, but i just put them all the way to his diaper...over the chub! he also seems to really love them!

·
Registered
838 Posts
We have two pairs. I use them on occasion, but like PPs have said, they leave quite the marks on DS's thighs. He is 5 mos. and not all that chunky.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Ditto on all the above - a little tight - but really cute and helped prevent rug burn or scratches from crawling. - my 2.5 year old niece wears them as leg warmers and loves them!

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
We have 4 pairs and they are SO CUTE. I like the old narrow cuff style best, actually. They did get too tight for my littlest near the end of the cool weather, but I think they would fit him now since he's thinned out with crawling and cruising. They fit my 3.5 yr. old great, and he loves them with shorts or a skirt.
The baby lived in them last winter and probably will this winter- they make diaper changes way easier than pants.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I cut off long gym socks and used the elastic end on her thighs they work great! Never have been too tight, stay on well, and free.

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
I bought 3 pairs of babylegs, they are the original kind. They aren't too tight for dd's thighs, but they did unravel in the wash
They don't seem to be that well made - unless I just got a bad batch.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have been drooling over them for months! Unfortunately, I can't afford to drop $50 on the ones I want right now, so I just cut the feet off a couple pair of cute adult knee-highs I got from the dollar store, and they work/look great! They also roll down a little bit sometimes...

·
Registered
624 Posts
I met a woman last weekend who made her own baby legs by using adult knee high socks, cutting the feet off and hemming that edge. Her dd had huge thighs (as does my ds) and they stayed up well on her.

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
One of mine unravelled. I kept meaning to find out if they're guaranteed but I never did. We liked them when she was little enough to wear them.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have 4 pair, and I think they are adorable. I got them to protect
E's knees while crawling. They leave a red mark on her theigh, they are a bit tight, but I don't leave them on all day; when she's not crawling or playing on the floor I just pull them down a bit... I recommend them.

·
Registered
265 Posts
We have 4 pairs and love them. Some are starting to show some wear and are unraveling a bit, but they get a lot of use, so I have not been disappointed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.