Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know where to post this. But, I desperately need a good baby monitor for coming baby.

For first baby we had a relatively cheap fisher-price model that we hated. It was so staticy and made random screaching noises.

We just received a new F-P monitor as a gift and it's very staticy as well.

I've been looking at the reviews on BRU and there doesn't seem to be good reviews of ANY monitors - same complaints for $30 ones and $100 models. for every 1 positive review there are a dozen negative reviews.

So can someone please direct me to a decent baby monitor. I do not want video, just a basic monitor so we can hear the baby cry when we are on another floor. We cosleep and babywear so baby is mostly in direct contact with us, but for the rare times we aren't in the same room I want something that does the job without having to listen to static and noisy feedback all day.

· Registered
2,550 Posts
The Philips Avent DECT Digital monitor does have consistently good reviews and is supposed to be the best for not having issues with interference.

Another option would be to try broadening your search. Our house is too small to need a baby monitor so this isn't something that I've looked into, but I'm thinking that you might have some luck with an home intercom or even a set of walkie talkies where you can set one in intercom mode. They're basically the same thing.

· Registered
6,484 Posts
This is the monitor we have. Unless I turn the volume right up to the top I don't hear it (& I didn't get a monitor until ds was 9 months 'cause I HATE that buzz that they make). I like that it lights up so if it's quiet & I'm sitting in one spot I turn the sound off completely & I'll notice the lights - it seems to be quiet sensitive (I can often hearing breathing).

The other night it seemed to picking up music but we couldn't figure out from where. It's never done that before or since so who knows?!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.