Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you felt the baby move for a week or two or three - do you find that you have a lot of movement one day - pretty much every hour including during the night and almost nothing or very sporadic moves the next day? Also, what position do you feel the baby the most: standing, sitting, laying down on the side, back, tummy? Also the strength of kicks, twitches, or whatever you feel is diffferent from day to day? I am 20.5 weeks and find it frustrating that sometimes the baby is very calm. I know that everything is fine since I listened to hearbeat via doppler, but I want to know what other moms are experiencing.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I've been feeling strong kicking for about 2 weeks now but it ony happens every 3-4 hours- but more often at night when i'm trying to sleep
When I feel kicking during the day it's always been when I'm sitting down and feeling relaxed.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
I've been feeling this baby move for weeks and weeks, and it's never the same twice, it seems.

Some days she seems really active, though with breaks which tells me she has a sleep cycle (1st son didn't -- always active; 2nd son did, just like this one's pattern). Other days, it seems like she's sleeping all day.

I only feel things on the left or below, probably because of the placement of the placenta, high, front, right side.

My most reliable movement is either when I'm driving -- I think it's the combo of sitting and the seat belt constraining -- or first thing in the morning after I pee. I think she suddenly has more room to move around, so she does. This morning she was the huge-est lump I've ever felt for this pregnancy...baby's getting bigger!

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Yeah, this happens to me too. At first it made me totally nervous. We went form DH being able to feel a kick or two, then barely any movement for almost 3 days! I aske dmy midwife about it this week and she said I should feel at least some movement every day and I will notice more of a regular pattern by 28-30 weeks.

Oh! I used to only feel it when I was lying on my back or side. Now I can feel it in pretty much any position. I still haven't been able to feel it when I'm walking though.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yeah, freaks me out when I go a couple days without really feeling anything. What works best is sitting in a plain chair, and rocking my daughter back and forth. Then I always get a protest kick right in the bladder!
:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 5thAttempt
For those of you felt the baby move for a week or two or three - do you find that you have a lot of movement one day - pretty much every hour including during the night and almost nothing or very sporadic moves the next day? Also, what position do you feel the baby the most: standing, sitting, laying down on the side, back, tummy? Also the strength of kicks, twitches, or whatever you feel is diffferent from day to day? I am 20.5 weeks and find it frustrating that sometimes the baby is very calm. I know that everything is fine since I listened to hearbeat via doppler, but I want to know what other moms are experiencing.
I have felt movements for quite some time now. Where it started only once every week or two, to a few times a week, to now every day. No pattern to time of day (though often right when I lay down for bed). The best position for me is if I'm sitting in my recliner with my knees in the air. If I'm laying on my side, but belly is barely touching bed, I can feel pretty good too. The strength of the kicks vary a lot too. Sometimes they are flutters, sometimes a good kick (that I have seen once....) Even made me laugh once cuz the baby tickled me. You are just a week or 2 behind me, you will probably start noticing them more often. The last 2 weeks have steadily increased in movements for me.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I've been feeling strong movements for about 2-3 weeks and every day is different. Yesterday this baby wouldn't quit......he was jumping up and down, crazy kicking all the time (like for an hour at one point), but today he is pretty subdued. Once they get bigger there is more of a rhythm to their day.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I feel most of his movement in the evening. Oddly, he kicks in the exact same place my other two did (with my DD, I ended up with a sore spot that didn't go away for months). And last night, I felt him kick from the outside for the first time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.