Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear, DS would be at my boob 24/7 if he could be!<br><br>
He NEVER pops off on his own. He just falls asleep at my boob or sorta hangs out there comfort-nursing (barely sucking, just compressing the lips ever so slightly.)<br><br>
I know he's getting PLENTY of food, so that's not the issue. His weight gain was way above averages from the start. Often, he'll continue to nap even after I pop my nipple out of his mouth. But he never comes off on his own.<br><br>
Is this just me?<br>
TIA

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Mine NEVER came off on her own. She nursed until she was 4.5 (years, not months) old and then I mommy-led weaned her. In all of that time, she stopped nursing on her own exactly twice.<br><br>
Eventually I got so I could break the suction, slip my finger in, let her try that for awhile and then eventually get her off. She never used a pacifier either and I would have had no objection if she wanted to.<br><br>
I just wanted to let you know you aren't alone. I'm sorry I don't have any more advice to offer.

·
Registered
301 Posts
DD was really good about popping off when finished until this week. Now we're having marathon "nursing" sessions (I'm not sure it counts when she's just lightly holding the boob in her mouth) that pretty much lead one to the next unless I unlatch her myself. She's still better at night--when she's a more effective/quick nurser and will pop off at the end and go to sleep. So I empathize!

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Did I read your sig correctly? Your DS is 2.5 months old? I don't think any of ours would pop off on their own that early.<br><br>
DS started popping off on his own around 4 months maybe. He's 5 months now and will pop off and forcibly roll away when he's done.<br><br>
I think that our first was around the same age when she started popping off. I know that by the time she was 5.5 months I started bringing a bottle of ebm when we went out because she wouldn't stay latched whenever I tried to nurse her anywhere other than a dark, quiet room. She wouldn't even stay latched long enough to get a let-down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts