Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm only 29 weeks - surely my baby isn't running out of room already, is he??

For the past 5 days I don't think I've felt any real hard kicks. Rather I'm feeling tons of movement up at the top of my uterus, like the baby is pushing his bottom and sometime small and hard (foot? elbow? I have no idea...) out. My belly is constantly moving around with all his little pushes.

So it it normal to not be feeling any big kicks? I have an anterior placenta, if that matters.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I am 29wks too (30 on saturday) and am feeling the same thing...mainly feet and elbows...She did some rolls today and it was the funniest feeling that I didn't remember with dd 3 years ago....

The other day she felt like she was standing with a foot near each of my hips and a hand by each ribcage.....

Today....it feels like she is sideways trying to push out my sides.....

I have an US tomorrow so I will get to see what position she is...

But, like you...I am only getting squirms, hiccups and pushes these days.....

I am much smaller at this stage than I was with dd too so this go round, this one may just be starting to run out of room....I started dilating with dd at 31wks but went a day shy of 42 so maybe this one will come early since my body has BTDT....not hoping for it but have a feeling.......

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Same thing here. Light punches to my hips and bladder, and of course a head grinding into my hip bones (ouchy). The placenta is taking up the top of my uterus so I've been spared kicks to the ribs, I only feel pushes toward the top and can sometimes feel the outlines of little feet from the outside. Otherwise no more hard kicks and punches, so I suppose there's just less room. Babe has stayed head down for the past two weeks for so. The phlebotomist today at the hospital asked me if I was having twins because I have such a big belly, I said no I'm just a small person and there's no room to grow but out!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm 29 weeks also, and I just talked to DH about this a few minutes ago.
He had his head in my lap with the back of his head against my tummy, and she kept nudging him.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Yet another thread that brings me some comfort. In the past few weeks the movement has really changed from lots of movement to more squirms and twists. I sort of feel like the baby hasn't been as active as a few weeks ago but am not sure if this is more an issue of my working, running around after a toddler and packing for a move.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Me too! The few good solid kicks I do get are starting to HURT! Baby's gotten me good a couple of times this past week -- yow! Mostly right now it's just feeling weird and kind of fun. I know it will get uncomfortable soon. Not looking forward to that, but at least you get to know that all is OK in there. Seems to me that movement has picked up a lot lately, too.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I too am having a LOT less "kicking" type sensations, but have noticed a few times, that REALLY uncomfortable sensation under my ribs like a little limb getting pushed up under there!! And LOTS of hiccups!!! I love those!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.