Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son has always been a good eater. We had tons of problems with nursing in the first month, but ever since it's all been sorted out, I love to nurse, and am more than happy to cuddle up with him and nurse ten times a day!<br><br>
But I'm beginning to wonder if he's nursing TOO much. Sometimes he will nurse almost continuously through naps, and then he spits up quite a bit. The other day, I looked down while nursing, and he even had milk dripping out of his nose! If I try and take my nipple away though, he gets fussy and won't fall asleep.<br><br>
Should I try and stop him from nursing so much during naps? Or is the spitting up only an inconvenience to me?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
If he seems happy I wouldn't worry too much. Some babies have a much higher need for sucking than others. I don't know how old your son is now, but you may have a bit of an oversupply if it is still early. This should sort itself out fairly soon but if the spitting up seems distressing, you might want to try just feeding from one breast per feeding (if you son is happy with that) or even one breast for a couple of feedings. This can help even out an oversupply.<br><br>
But if it's working for your baby, leave it be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts