Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Any other toddlers out there totally obsessed with babies?  DD keeps pretending to be a baby (will pretend cry and then I have to rock her and put her to bed).  All her toys are now babies and cry.. a lot.  So we have to pretend to nurse them... a lot.  Then she has imaginary friends that are (I bet you can't guess it!)... babies! Except that it's a baby t-rex, baby brachiosaurus, baby Cat in the Hat etc. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I love that she's exploring with her imagination but the pretend crying and constant asking for fake nursing is getting old quick! Especially since I'm already exhausted with the actual nursing on top of that.  Then today she found an old pacifier and it was stuck in her mouth all day long (even though this kid gave them up at 3 months!).  It doesn't help that she's going through a phase where she repeats stuff until it happens so it will be something like "mommy mommy mommy mommy.  baby crying baby crying baby crying. Leite!!!!!!" Sometimes the baby has to sleep or poop but mostly it's just nursing... a lot. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I feel bad for disliking this so much.  Some of her other interests are great.  We've starting watching airplanes go by from our window at night and that's really a lot of fun but the whole baby thing drives me nuts (probably the constant pretend crying). </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any ideas on how to deal with this so DD can still play with her babies but I don't go nuts?</p>

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
<p>we haven't got constant crying, but as I type I am tandem nursing DD and her baby doll. if she isn't nursing, then she nurses her baby and gives the diaper changes and kisses and hugs. basically, it's her job to take care of her baby.</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts