Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kiera Elise was born at 3:36am at home in our bathtub (un-expectedly) un-assisted!

After a Thanksgiving day spent insanely nesting, my parents and MIL came over with Thanksgiving dinner. We had a FEAST and a wonderful time, around 9:30pm my parents packed up and we just pulling their car away from the curb in front of our house when my water broke. DH called them and they came back immediately asking if they wanted us to take DD or what they should do. We told them to go home and sleep we'd call them later (my mom is prone to panic attacks and doesn't handle un-expected situations well, so she's never been at my births). We got DD ready for bed and then I noticed that the bathroom was filthy...so I cleaned it with DD's help. Then DD and I went up to bed. Got her to sleep and I came back down and sit with DH and we talked about my "rushes" and getting some rest and I went back up to bed. Around 12pm I woke up and went to the bathroom and then sat in the rocker and rocked through about an hours worth of "rushes" sleeping between them. I wasn't timing them, just breathing through them and visualizing them opening my cervix. Then I went into DD's bed (she was in ours with DH) and slept for about another hour waking between "rushes" and starting to vocalize through them. DD and DH woke up and we called the midwife. She asked how far apart they were (3-5 minutes) and suggested a shower or bath and to call after. So DH went to draw me a bath while I stayed with DD and vocalized through some more contractions. In the meantime I called my best-friend and asked her to come over (she's a doula) I was freezing and starting to shake (Looking back on it, I should've known I was going through transition). Went down and got into the hottest bath and immediately the contractions were one on top of another. I prayed for them to give me a break so I could reach the phone and call the midwife. I called her and told her "I think you should come now!"
Then I hollered for DH and DD to come and be with me...
DD was standing next to me, asking me what I was doing "if there was water coming out of my vagina?" and if I was ok. I told her I was and started singing through my "rushes" "We're having a baby"...then I'd send her to look out the windows for my BFF. She arrived about 2:30-2:45am and walked into the bathroom and immediately realized where I was in labor. She told DH to call the midwife again and then sat with me. I was starting to feel "pushy" and wasn't trying to. I was vocalizing through all the contractions and not pushing at all, but my body was. I reached down and felt my perineum bulging and could feel the baby moving down with each "rush". I said "this baby is coming, NOW" and she looked and told DH to get into the bathroom. With the next couple of "rushes" my body took over and slowly brought our baby down and soon I could feel the "ring of fire". With another "rush" the baby's head was out and the next one brought her body. She had her cord looped over her shoulder so we unwound her and brought her up to my chest and I laid back in total awe and bliss. It was such a peaceful, beautiful, blissful birth. DD was right by my side with my BFF and DH. It was amazing. The midwife arrived 20 minutes after the birth.

·
Premium Member
5,391 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I just love to hear those kinds of stories. So wonderful!!

Welcome, Kiera!!
:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.