Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any UC-ers here who can tell me about baby positioning? One thing is for sure - the position of my baby has completely changed since this morning, at 37 weeks. Up until now, I could feel his feet kicking on my right side, up high near my belly button. His butt seemed to be at belly button level on the left side, and I could feel some hick ups too, lower down. And now... feet seem to be on the left side instead (!?) and there are hard bits I can't make out on the right side, and much lower down. What on earth is he doing!? Has by baby gone breech at this point in time? Will he turn back? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Devaskyla View Post
*Great* website for figuring out positioning: http://www.spinningbabies.com/
:

My baby is ROA right now (36 weeks). I wonder if he or she will have to turn to LOA or if birth will proceed with a ROA position. Anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
To get to OA, babies generally rotate through posterior, through LOA & then to OA. I gave birth to a baby that never rotated from LOA to OA & it wasn't pretty.
He was still facing my hip when he came out. He had a massively cone head & I had some really bad internal bruising that took a couple weeks to heal so sitting didn't hurt. No tears, luckily.

Babies do turn during labour quite often, though, especially if your amniotic sac is intact (mine wasn't) & you do things to help with the position. At 36 weeks you have a good chance of baby rotating before labour, though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.