Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, we all know you need car seats in the car for babies...
What do you do if you are on a public bus or airport shuttle?
Is it ok to just hold your babe?

Sorry if this is a dumb question...
Thanks!

· Registered
463 Posts
Not exactly the same thing, but I went on a horse-drawn sleigh ride Christmas eve and carried my baby in my sling so I could use my hands to hold on and so that I knew she wouldn't get cold because she was inside my coat in her snowsuit.

· Registered
2,832 Posts
I am glad you posted this question
And I do not think it is a dumb question at all!

We will be going on vacation to Honolulu in May. Parking is a bear there so we won't be doing a rental car the whole trip.

I will definitely bring my sling. So that my 18 month old toddler will be the safest when we're bussing it

· Registered
12,176 Posts
I usually have her in a wrap carrier on my back or slung or something, but I don't worry too much about it. I have also held her on my lap, or had her in the stroller... just put on the brakes and hang on tight!

· Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone...

Yeah we're going on vacation and not renting a car. Well it's more of a business trip for me but the whole family is coming b/c DS is still exclusively breast fed. Anyhow we need to take an airport shuttle to the resort and I didn't know if this was ok? We won't leave the resort once we get there unitl we go home.
The other options (renting a car, schlepping his car seat, getting a limo) are SOOOO expensive.
So I guess we will sling it in the bus/ shuttle!

Thanks again!

· Registered
501 Posts
we use the bus all the time and i used to drive a bus while in college. sometimes he's in the sling, sometimes in our arms. buses are big and if you've ever seen a collision between a bus and a car, you'll see that the bus barely gets a scratch even when the car is totalled. there are of course serious accidents in which buses flip over, but these are rare. and if you ever feel the bus driver is not driving safely, calmly remind him. yeah for public transit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.