Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need advice about baby stores (preferably outlets or non-mainstream stores) in Buffalo, NY. I'm going there next week to pick up some relatives, but since they won't be ready until 8pm, I figured I might as well use the two hour drive from Toronto and get there a few hours early to browse/shop. Plus the exchange rate isn't bad right now, so the timing is perfect. I've heard there's some good shopping in Buffalo at the Galleria? Anywhere else?

I'm not looking for anything urgent, just want to compare what's available there with here - maybe some cloth diapers, fun books, sleepers, sling/carrier, diaper pail, nursing bras, maybe even a car seat?

Who's shopped in Buffalo?

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
The Galleria is a standard mall. To be honest, we drive to CA to shop most of the time.

There are outlets in Niagara Falls: children's place, gap, old navy, hartstrings, carters.

There are also some really cool shops down on Elmwood Ave in Buffalo. There's a really cool toy store and some kid's clothes stores. Very high end-and prices to match.

I'll try to think of more.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
i grew up in buffalo, but come to visit family once every few months.
the outlet mall in niagara falls is nice, and you can sometimes find some good deals there. however, unless some stuff is on sale/clearance, you can find just as good deals at regular stores on sale. the holiday weekends are usually a good time to go for good deals, but its always soooo busy and almost impossible to find a parking space.

the galleria is nice, but some stuff can get picked over because its so big and the main mall in the area. boulevard mall in amherst and mckinley mall in hamburg/blasdel are smaller but also have many of the same stores. check out bon ton when you are in buffalo. i was at the one over here and got some great deals! i got little outfits for $1.80 and a boppy pillow for $5.40! they also had little girls dresses for $6, so definately lots of bargains! i think they closed the bon ton at the galleria, but there's a few others in the area. i'm pretty sure theres still a bon ton at mckinley mall, but i could also be totally wrong.

i was in the target here (central ny) on monday, and they had some car seats 75% off. (one was a cosco infant seat that pulls out of the car for $12.50, regular $50, and the other was a child seat, ages 3-10, for $20 reg $80.) there's a bunch of targets, including one in niagara falls near the outlet mall and one down the street from the galleria.

about the cloth diapers, i could have sworn i saw a thread somewhere here or on my yahoo group about a store in niagara falls, ca or in hamilton that sold cloth diapers.i think they also have a website, but this store they have their seconds or something like that. i think the poster also said they have good clearance stuff in their store. anyone else know what i'm thinking about?

i moved before i had kids, so i dont know where many kids stores (or AP type stores) are. hope the other info helps! oh, and be careful not to speed or park in the wrong place in the city of buffalo- they are nuts about that! and try not to hurl if you see the proposed sabres logo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.