Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! We had our baby shower a couple weeks ago at a local restaurant here in town, whose owners we are on a first-name basis with, but do not socialize with, outside of their establishment. Anyhow, there were three of them there the day of the shower, the owner and his wife, and our server, Jen. The owner was assisting Jen in serving us, and his wife made all the cupcake and all of the food we ate that day - the restaurant would normally have been closed at the time we were there, they kept it open from 2-5 instead of closing for those hours. So we had the whole restaurant to ourselves.

Anyway, I'm mailing a thank you note today, but not planning to do anything other than that. We did not tip the owner or his wife, and now I'm wondering if we should have. Jen, our server, received tips from whoever ordered food (it was buy-your-own lunch) and told me that everyone was quite generous with her.

My concern is that we should have tipped the owner and his wife something - for keeping the restaurant open and for serving us that day. What do you ladies think? Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I don't think it's necessary to tip them. But if you feel like doing something for them, maybe send them a gift card and a nice card. But they did make money for the 3 hours they stayed open.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.