Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this sounds at all coherent, LOL!<br><br>
My first baby was born @ 34 weeks after spontaneous ROM and labor due to progressing Pre-e. He was 6 lbs 10 oz-OB said he'd be "10 lbs" at term...whatever..who knows<br><br>
My 2nd was born via induction at 38 weeks for size and "precautions against repeat pre-e" and was 8 lbs 10 oz w-boy<br><br>
3rd was a c-section for transverse lie/tight nuchal cord on u/s and suspected growth restriction-37 weeks 6 lbs 6 oz-girl.<br><br>
4th was a forced unecessary repeat section due to VBAC ban, @ 38 weeks-girl 8 lbs even<br><br>
5th was a VBA2C with a ROM induction at just over 40 weeks due to OB dealing with grief from the hospital for taking me on...8 lbs 10 oz boy<br><br>
Here's my question. I know there is no way to predict when labor will happen, but aside from the time I was terribly ill with #1, I've never gone into labor by myself, and been "left alone". I'm so excited to do that this time for a homebirth with my hands-off midwife. I am prepared to go to 42 weeks or more (and figure I will based on my last birth)..<br><br>
Have any of you been induced for "larger babes" and then later had a pregnancy where you were left alone to let your baby go as long as he/she needs? What did the weights look like? I have no issue with having a big baby, as I know I'm capable of however big they can grow..and at the same time, could have a smaller babe, too!<br><br>
I'm just SO excited to see what happens with letting my body work on it's own! I can't wait to see who this LO will be, complete with what their size is!<br><br>
Any stories of size that are fun?

·
Registered
591 Posts
I've never been induced <i>because of size</i>, but my kids' birth weights don't really correlate to their gestation lengths or birth order.<br><br>
40w1d- 7lb9oz (induced)<br>
41w- 9lb2oz (induced)<br>
40w1d- 8lb 15oz (SROM)<br>
42w- 8lb 10oz (cervidil induction)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts