Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 7 mos old baby born at 26 weeks. That makes her about 4 mos adjusted. She has pretty good head control but high muscle tone, a rounded back...not conducive for sitting up, and she's very small...just 24 in and about 11.5lbs. I used to put her in the cradle position in a Kangaroo Korner cotton pouch. When I put her in the kangaroo position the sling digs into her neck as though she's too short for this position. I had an old Snugli which I put her in facing towards me because she needs extra back support but she becomes hysterical when I try and carry her in this carrier. She's very bright and visual and I think she wants to look out at her world as opposed to snuggling up w/me as she did when she was younger. Can anyone recommend a carrier that might work for us? I think a carrier might work better than a sling because a sling is a little more restrictive but I'd like something that she can comfortably fall asleep in as she is still sleeping quite a bit. Is there anything out there that would fit the description yet not break the bank?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I used a Maya wrap ring sling when DS was that little. It was an unusual position that the website and the dvd didn't mention.
It was kind of a tummy to tummy kangaroo carry. I made a pouch on the front but faced him towards me in an upright position. I made the pouch shallow enough that he was supported with his legs tucked under him, but he could look around while his head rested on my chest.
He's 19 months so he's Mei Tai guy now.

Recently I saw someone wearing a fairly small baby forward facing in a Moby carrier. It looked like it was working for her.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.