Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when might dd start crying real tears? she'll be 3 months next week. Not that I want her to cry . . . She gets lint in her eyes all the time (something to do with that lint wad she's got in her fist, will not give it up for anyone) so I think a tear or two to clean things out would be good to have sometimes.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I think all babes differ in tear production. My ds had big fat crocodile tears right from the start. His cousin, who is two, has only cried tears on a couple of occasions *ever*

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
I don't know - I was always confused by people saying "wow real tears" when DD cried because she had "real tears" right from the start. I do know that tear ducts can become clogged in infants and sometimes you do need to get a doctor to look at them - I don't know what the "warning signs" are though....

·
Registered
444 Posts
Mine had "real" tears from about day 10 or so. They are sad and cute!

If you're not getting tears yet, a great way to remove foreign matter from their eyes is to just squirt some breastmilk in there! It takes a little practice (my girl ends up with milk all over her face!) but it works like a charm!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts