Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My oldest DD has what her dentist calls an interesting mouth
. She's missing permanent teeth and has fused teeth, etc. The permanent fused tooth is all the way in, but the baby tooth is still there. It looks awful. When I had her to the dentist last year, he said the baby tooth was so loose it fall out on its own soon. The orthodontist 6 weeks ago said the same thing--but it's still there. She also had a baby lateral incisor pulled to make way for the permanent tooth becuase somehow they weren't lined up correctly. That was 2 years ago, still no permanent tooth! She's almost 10--shouldn't she have all her lateral incisors? Ugh, so there's that.

Now, there's this--she had a root canal in one of her baby bicuspids a couple of years ago. Tonight she shows me the start of a permanent tooth coming in right above this tooth--only the baby tooth is not loose at all. Is this common with a root canal? Why are her teeth not falling out like they should? My younger DD has lost more teeth than her even though they both lost their first teeth at the same age.

I know I need to have the dentist look at it but we don't have dental insurance at the moment and I just know when all is said and done it will be $500
: . I don't get it. DD2's teeth are perfect--they all grew in straight, never had a cavity while DD1's teeth are about as bad as can be (though they say the crowding caused the cavity which led to the root canal
: ). Has anyone else had a kid with a mouth like this? What have been your experiences with root canals in baby teeth?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaneS View Post
Did she have soy formula? My sister's teeth were like this and I believe that was her issue.
No, never had formula. She was breastfed 15 months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.