Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD vomits exactly once every day. Sometimes in the morning, but most of the time in the evening. And it's actual vomiting, not spitting up. This is stomach churning, out the nose, pooling in my lap vomiting.<br>
Midwife & family doc both think it's "just one of those things" but it really scares me. I'm scared she'll aspirate it. Actually, she must be aspirating at least some milk, because there's so much in her nose and she gasps for breath afterward.<br>
She's not very gassy, and not colicky. She's pretty happy all the time. Except for about 5 minuted before and after her once-a-day vomit.<br>
I'm 90% sure it's not something in my diet, and it's not overfill. (Those were the theories put forth to me).<br><br>
So, if it was your baby, what would you do? What would you try in order to either 1) find out why it's happening, or<br>
2) just stop or at least reduce it?<br><br>
I'm baffled. I've never ever heard of this before.<br>
TIA!

·
Registered
39 Posts
My ds just stopped doing this a month ago. Prior to 3 months though it was just as you said- daily projectile vomit. But then one day right around 3 months he stopped doing it and hasn't done it since. The ped was pretty sure it was a case of pyloric stenosis that he outgrew, but he wasn't worried about it since ds is gaining very well (18+ pounds at 4 months.) Definitely a laundry problem though...

·
Registered
861 Posts
I would want to know what it is. If your babe isn't too bothered by it, then you can take your time trying to see if you can figure out something in your diet that might be causing it.<br><br>
It may be something that you don't even realize you're consuming daily (like some weird chemical in your food, or some common additive) or it could be something you love to eat. For the record, it could also be something very expensive to keep out of your diet.<br><br>
At any rate, if you find out what it is then you can decide if it's something you can live without.<br><br>
Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts