Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a type of baby carrier that would work really good now until 8 months. I tried a hot sling and did not like it, felt to contricting, dont think it was big enough. I own a babyhawk too but it feels so bulky..<br><br>
Im thinking a moby wrap or ring sling, but not sure which? Money is tight so I cant get both. Any suggestions?? My baby is pretty big at 4 months, in 6-9 clothes and probably 16 lbs

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
A moby will start feeling saggy and unsupportive pretty quick with a bigger baby like yours. In what way did the hotsling feel contricting though? If it was just the size, then fine, but if the carrying position or shoulder restriction, then a ring sling will have the same problem.<br><br>
Try a woven wrap. Gauze ones are generally the most inexpensive, like the Gypsy Mama BBB

·
Registered
852 Posts
yeah, I think I wore my DS1 in a woven wrap more than anything else from 4-8 months. I would just put him in the rucksack carry on my back and do my thing - walks. laundry, cooking, dishes or Girl Scout meetings, stuff like that.<br><br>
But I think that a ring sling can be great too, especially if you're going to be taking the baby in and out of it a lot for BFing or whatever.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts