Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having one of those at the end of my rope moments, so hear goes.

I am very sick now for the second time in the last 8 weeks or so. Was sick for about three weeks straight and tried to overcome the cold with homeopathics, chicken soup, salt gargles, vitamins etc. because I am still nursing and detest antibiotics or prescription drugs all of which will probably be the only outcomes of going to the doctor. Getting better took more time I am assuming because my 16 mo was also having her first cold and or teething and was nursing all night long. She gets very fussy when she is like that and my milk supply gets low at night so she crys on and off all night. Even when she is well (we cosleep) she often wakes up every couple of hours crys, nurses and falls back to sleep. She also nurses every few hours during the day. Though she can go up to 5 or 6 hours without nursing during the day if she is very busy, she will make up for it in the evening and then all night long. The interest for eating is still not there! She more like tastes food then eats it. She has her moments but overall her nutrition comes from the breast. I love nursing her, its not so much that I see it as a problem, except that I am exhausted, sick, and feel like I cant get better with out some quality sleep. I think I have seen a straight 6 hour sleep cycle once since she was born. My husband is tired too and had to get up and go to a very stressful job. Though dd loves him to death she wants mommy at night anyway.

I plan to nurse her till she turns two but I thought things would have started winding down a little by now. Sometimes mainstream philosophy seems so much nicer on the mom. I do think that it is my responsibility to give her the best possible care that I can even if I have to suffer for it for awhile, but I dont feel like I can do that when I am sick. I am so tired of the suggestions I get from people to cio. I will not do it, even if I am sick for it. I have tried the No Cry Sleep Solution. Nothing in there has seemed to work for me though.

Please, your suggestions and thoughts are appreciated.
:
:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I would make it a point to get some more quiet time with her during the day and offer the breast as much as possible. Hopefully that would cut down on the night feedings. And you can take a TON of vitamin c to get better ( I am a strong believer in vitamin c- it'll cure anything!). Start taking maybe 3000 mg a day and see how fast you get better.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.