Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting for a friend. Her babe is 9 days old, feeding great on one side. He has a small mouth and her breasts are a bit uneven. He feeds great on the smaller side.<br><br>
The other one...well, she's cracked and hurting pretty bad. The mainstream cures are not working (surprise surprise).<br><br>
Any advice?<br><br>
Thank you!<br>
Jenn

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Keep offering the larger side with every feeding..even manual expression to help get her milk flowing before baby latches on...the older the baby gets the easier it will be for babe to latch on to that breast...but keep that breast stimulated so that it can produce enough for babe...i would tell her to pump the larger side if babe is unable to empty that breast...to keep her supply up..

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Has she tried different holds?<br><br>
For some reason, for me, the football hold works best on my right and cross-cradle on my left. Go figure. We had latch and painful nipple issues in the beginning.<br><br>
I just gritted my teeth, used LOTS of Lansinoh, air time, and did my best to keep water off. We also had a LLL come out and help with position and latch. (that was our biggest help) One side healed really quick, the other took a long time. I made sure that the position he was in kept most of the pressure off the injury.<br><br>
Good Luck to your friend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts