Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My baby kind of sounds like he has a stuffy nose (or maybe has some mucous stuck in his throat) sometimes. I've used the snot-sucking thingy but I can't really get anything and I can't really see anything, so I'm wondering if I should go to the doctor. It's not too bad, just sometimes. What do you think?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Mine did that too. Your baby could still be trying to get amnio fluid out. I used the bulb and sometimes I've used saline to loosen things up when I can't get it just with the bulb.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have never been able to get those stupid bulb sucker things to work like the nurses do...<br><br>
One thing that helped dh and me was to (this can be a two-person job, btw) hold the other nostril closed while sucking out the other side. When ds got a sniffly cold last Christmas, that's how we cleared him out to sleep at night, when it got worse.<br><br>
Good luck,<br>
T

·
Registered
759 Posts
I usually squirt a little breastmilk up DD's nostrils. It works wonders for loosening mucous. She sneezes out the contents of her sinuses within 20 minutes or so. Breastmilk contains millions of white blood cells in a single drop, so it is great at helping stave off infections. The best solution I have found so far for a babe that has inherited her Daddy's sinuses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts