Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Royal Auto Magazine (mag for members of the RACV, the road-side assistance service here). In the "What a World" section, it has a short blurb about "babymooning". It says this is when a couple goes to a hotel or resort for "a last hurrah" before baby comes. Now, I'd love to spend some time at a resort. I'm sure any 3rd tri preggo body would love to have a masseuse and room service at her beck and call, but I thought the babymoon came after the baby arrived. Hmmm...

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
Sounds like they read/overheard the term somewhere and decided to write an article based entirely on their own thoughts.

I'd write them a letter, but that's just me.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I've heard it used both ways IRL and in print (pre-birth mini-vacation or post-birth family bonding), but around MDC it usually seems to be the latter.

Whatever you call the pre-birth mini-vacation, if you can swing one, it's wonderful. I speak from experience! No resort or spa treatments, just a little road trip, two nights, a boardwalk, sunshine, handholding, some PDA!...
: really nice memories for later when we are exhausted and covered in baby's bodily fluids and whatnot!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Yeah, i saw this on the news. It's apparantly a new trend in the spa and hotel industry. Anything to attract business! I say, go for it!

The term is confusing though for those who are familar with the idea of taking time together as a family after the baby is born. Besides I thought babymoon was supposed to be like honeymoon. And you honeymoon *after* the wedding and babymoon after the baby. Oh well, maybe they are trying to associate it with the romantic notions of a honeymoon, not the timing of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts